Possible Fix For TT "Turtling Problem"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEVlN

11-07-2011

Ok, So I personally have no problem with the map at all. I love playing it, and rarely play 5s. But I am sick and tired of hearing about people who can't understand the fact that turting does not always work out. Simply win your early game, and make them surrender.

But thats not my point.

What I am suggesting is possibly moving the Nexus Turret to the other side of the Nexus. This way it is not right next to the Spawn Pool, so champs like Caitlyn cannot just sit in the pool and shoot away at people hitting turret. By moving the turret further away, it would cause the defending team to commit a little more to defending the turret, and could ultimately change the way the map plays completely.

Just a simple thought that popped in my head after reading about people QQ'ing about turtles.

Thoughts?

KimchiDestroyer

11-07-2011

It should be moved about 2 cm to right or left (depending on which side your on) away from the spawn. Especially since RAMMUS CAN TAUNT YOU STRAIGHT INTO SPAWN WHEN YOUR ON EITHER SIDE OF NEXUS TURRET.

DEVlN

11-07-2011

Yeah thats what I mean, Some champs can get insta-kills off you. (Blitz pull, ect)

So putting it on the other side of the base would solve this.

Example.

Wall || Turret ||| Nexus Spawning Pool

Friggid

11-07-2011

theres actually champs that can hit the nexus atm over the wall (the only thing that stops em is u cant until that turret is down) so moving the turret to the other side wouldnt work for that reason itd be to easy to ninja (backdoor that way ) i think they just need to slightly reduce the fountains range or leave it as is (i never have problems with turtling)

Mesa the Phoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggid View Post
theres actually champs that can hit the nexus atm over the wall (the only thing that stops em is u cant until that turret is down) so moving the turret to the other side wouldnt work for that reason itd be to easy to ninja (backdoor that way ) i think they just need to slightly reduce the fountains range or leave it as is (i never have problems with turtling)
who can hit the nexus over the wall? thats ridiculous i've never heard of this.

Friggid

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa the Phoenix View Post
who can hit the nexus over the wall? thats ridiculous i've never heard of this.
Cait/Kog just to name 2 of em

Cromathor

11-07-2011

Sad that Tristana's passive doesn't even give her this usability at max level, but Caitlyn has the range from the start of the game. It is true with Kog as well with his W skill, though I don't know a lot of die hard Kog picks in 3s. It would be nice if the wall simply wasn't jumpable/able to be attacked through period. Sort of gives a huge advantage to certain types of play.

As far as turtling I do feel you, Skarner, Rammus, Blitz, Alistar, Tristana, Vayne to some extent, and Lee Sin all have the ability to knock/pull you into their spawn area if you are attacking the Nexus turret. I bet if you ulted juuuuust right you could do it with Shyvana as well.

canadiangreen

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromathor View Post
Sad that Tristana's passive doesn't even give her this usability at max level, but Caitlyn has the range from the start of the game. It is true with Kog as well with his W skill, though I don't know a lot of die hard Kog picks in 3s. It would be nice if the wall simply wasn't jumpable/able to be attacked through period. Sort of gives a huge advantage to certain types of play.

As far as turtling I do feel you, Skarner, Rammus, Blitz, Alistar, Tristana, Vayne to some extent, and Lee Sin all have the ability to knock/pull you into their spawn area if you are attacking the Nexus turret. I bet if you ulted juuuuust right you could do it with Shyvana as well.
had a turtleing alistar do this to to my team. I(rammus) just said **** it told my team to hang back and push minions as i just ran in taunted him and ulted the **** out of the nexus.

Kashaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

That turret is made of paper. A simple breeze and that turret collapses. It's already hard enough to keep that turret up, especially in 2v3 scenarios.

In my opinion there is no change needed.

kianistus

11-08-2011

Quote:
That turret is made of paper. A simple breeze and that turret collapses. It's already hard enough to keep that turret up, especially in 2v3 scenarios.
I agree, i think the placement actually allows for the defending team to have a chance to come back from a bad team fight or gank. This mostly pertains to 3v3 scenarios because 2v3 the turtling is mostly just putting of the inevitable, but are we really trying to make a map that helps people to 2v3? I don't think so.