Attention everyone experiencing lag and high latency issues

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 26
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViscousZeta

11-01-2011

If you have any of the following symptoms:

- High Latency anywhere from (100-20000)
- Unplayable and unbearable lag with delayed Champion movements and unresponsive commands.
- Suspiciously higher than normal ping in the loading screen.
- Trouble queuing up with friends in matchmaking and custom games

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Within the last few patches these problems have been cropping up with people who had perfectly fine conditions before hand.
Nearly all of us suffering from this problem have perfectly fine internet connections, that function lag free in other games.

Personally I have tried nearly everything to isolate weather or not it was a problem on my end or riot's. I have tried everything from power-cycling my modem and router , to direct wired connection.

All we are asking for is a RIOT response to confirm if this is in fact a server or patch issue.
If it is, is it expected to be addressed soon?

If you are one of those afflicted by this problem, please post here.
- Describe your conditions currently as well as those leading up to the problem.
- Bump and keep this thread alive, we must get a response from RIOT!
- If you see any posts concerning this, please direct them to this thread!
- Run a Netalyzr scan and post game logs. (See below)

We will get this issue addressed and fixed, so we can all just enjoy a game of League of Legends again!

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
There are no serverwide issues on Riot's end that would be causing this problem. It's possible that an invidivual server is having issues. If that's the case, having additional r3d and netlogs will help identify where the problem is coming from. http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...f-legends-logs

More likely though, this is a connection based issue. Try running a netalyzr scan and seeing what the results are there.
Please everyone upload your logs (you can add them as attachments when you make a post).
Please post Netalyzr results if able.

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

EDIT #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieB View Post
Greetings everyone!

I am currently working with a fellow poster here to trouble shoot the problem that is specific to their computer causing these lag symptoms. Because there are many possible issues that can cause these same symptoms we cannot offer a universal fix but I strongly suggest to anyone struggling with lag to please submit a ticket of their own so we can help find the specific cause of the problem in your case.

Here is a link to the page to create a ticket: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

For the fastest results please provide the following information:

1) Network Analysis: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...twork-analysis
2) NetworkInfo Log: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...etworkinfo-log
Finally a coherent response. Adding to the initial Wrench-man post, this advises everyone to make a support ticket. Please do so, hopefully this brings us one step closer to playing again

andrewb94

11-01-2011

Do I need to describe my conditions or would a link to my thread be enough?

ViscousZeta

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb94 View Post
Do I need to describe my conditions or would a link to my thread be enough?
Your call, but it would be more helpful to type it out,

Jimmydogos

11-01-2011

I'm tired of this i've been on these forums actively for a week trying to get a response from riot about this issue but clearly they don't mind losing the thousands of users getting this issue... Here's one last shot. During the loading screen and before minions spawn my ping is below 70 and as soon as the minions engage my ping climbs until it reaches ridiculous numbers like 20k. I have tried everything i know on my end and nothing has worked. I know no one cares especially riot but i'm about to be another user they lose from this issue.

ViscousZeta

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydogos View Post
I'm tired of this i've been on these forums actively for a week trying to get a response from riot about this issue but clearly they don't mind losing the thousands of users getting this issue... Here's one last shot. During the loading screen and before minions spawn my ping is below 70 and as soon as the minions engage my ping climbs until it reaches ridiculous numbers like 20k. I have tried everything i know on my end and nothing has worked. I know no one cares especially riot but i'm about to be another user they lose from this issue.
Yes! I am aiming to get a RIOT response, this is the last straw!
I was hopeful it would be addressed with today's patch, but of course its still continuing.

Temna

11-01-2011

This has been trying for me as well. 5 days ago I had lovely ping for LoL, now its spiking to unplayable levels.

I have no spyware, my virus scans all come up negative, I closed many programs I used to have open while playing, but to no avail.

The only conclusion I have is that something changed in the surprise party fiddlesticks patch that caused it because thats when it started happening for me.

andrewb94

11-01-2011

So, my situation, I can start a game normally, around 100-250 latency, however, as the game progresses, this increases, by 5 minutes today, I had nearly 7000 latency, and at any point past 20,000 latency, I will disconnect from the game, unable to reconnect, reinstallation has done nothing, I unstalled PMB (Pando Media Booster) hoping that would solve it, no such luck, this needs to be addressed, and soon.

Lustdemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

Maybe Riot is going under?
Or China took over all the way?

Me being able to not move,champ locking up due to lag i assume.Has gotten worse.I have played for at least a year on and off.400 plus games.under my belt.This is the first that this issue has risen.I reported it but Riot send me a email telling me to update my graphics everytime.All i can say now is good game time to quit.

ViscousZeta

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb94 View Post
So, my situation, I can start a game normally, around 100-250 latency, however, as the game progresses, this increases, by 5 minutes today, I had nearly 7000 latency, and at any point past 20,000 latency, I will disconnect from the game, unable to reconnect, reinstallation has done nothing, I unstalled PMB (Pando Media Booster) hoping that would solve it, no such luck, this needs to be addressed, and soon.
This is identical to my case.
Also worth noting that around the Surprise Party patch this afflicted me as well.

andrewb94

11-01-2011

I bump this thread in hopes of Riot reading it, and this has affected me since the Graves patch, my guess, they added something they shouldn't have, and it's messing with people's clients, as I found out this is a client issue by testing my account on my brother's laptop.

1234511 ... 26