How do I counter Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glarblar

11-01-2011

as above, It just seems like his his E Q Q is so powerful, then his W anti-harass. Ive played against his a few times as carries and never been able to counter it. Any help on how anyone else has played against him?

Reiji Ozora

11-01-2011

Concentrate on dodging his e so that he doesn't have such an easy time with his q.

p00ningnewbz

11-01-2011

Don't stand still.

ViashinoWizard

11-01-2011

Always start with Boots + 3 Pots if you know you're going to be laning against Urgot. The only way not to lose against him is to dodge Noxian Corrosive Charge, otherwise he'll tear you apart. Focus on farming and not dying: Urgot needs to get fed and deny his opponent farm to be effective late game. Ideally you want to lane with a support who can heal you so that if you mess up and get hit by a round of E+QQQ you won't be in danger of being forced out of the lane.

MuhGeeSher

11-01-2011

Morgana, Lux, Soraka counter him I believe ..
Their are many more.

ViashinoWizard

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhGeeSher View Post
Morgana, Lux, Soraka counter him I believe ..
Their are many more.
What are Morgana and Lux supposed to do? Black Shield won't stop Acid Hunter from locking on, it'll just absorb some of the damage. Rooting him won't stop Acid Hunter either. Soraka's silence WILL help, though, but she'll have to get fairly close to tag him with it. You can't really "counter" Urgot during the laning phase, he's just too powerful. You have to outplay him.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

Boots, Dodge his E and if he hits you dont run (especially if he knows how to use his shield for the slow) just turn around and attack him, hes got you locked on. Hes gonna do the damage anyway, may aswell make him pay. Also if he does miss an E get in his face, try to avoid him freely firing Acid Hunters into your face though, they still hurt even when not locked.

Glarblar

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
You can't really "counter" Urgot during the laning phase, he's just too powerful. You have to outplay him.
Did I just hear a Mordekaiser reference??

frenzykio

11-01-2011

Urgot is ez

Quib

11-01-2011

Well you said you were playing carries against him. Urgot is an anti-carry. That's your problem. Also, dodge his E, it's not that hard.