Whos the best PURE tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vindico Atrum

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
My vote goes to Singed, especially if there's a Zilean on his team. Wow do I hate that combo.

Probably one of the few things that can make me ragequit. Its GG if they work together.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
Probably one of the few things that can make me ragequit. Its GG if they work together.
Blitz + Taric makes me rage! They are ridiculous together.

Rocket grab, powerfist, aoe silence, stunned by Taric = death

Krald

09-28-2009

I love how everyone is listing hybrid tanks, including yourself, yet you asked for pure tanks.
Anyways, I'm going with Rammus, Alistar, or Amumu

Devoninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

I might say rammus because he is able to force enemies to target him. Anyone else who stacks only defense can be ignored.

Zeyk

09-28-2009

It all depends on your definition. Most pure damage soaked? Even that depends on how long they have to do keep it up, etc. Kayle is the best tank in the game if you only count for 4 seconds... I'm going to say Rammus because he can turn on his super-defense more often than anybody else.

Of course, being the best actual tank isn't just about survivability, it's about what you can do while you're sitting there in the middle of a fight surviving.

Evernight

09-28-2009

LoL Tanks are the same as DOTA tanks... their responsibility is not so much to take damage (because they wouldn't be Focus Fired (FF) and therefore not much use) but the their use is two fold - 1) Initiate - whether that means taking tower hits or just soaking up lockdowns and nukes so as the rest of the team attacks those skills are on CD. 2) Mass disable or Placement - not damage so much as disabling and placing enemies for killing.

Taking this into effect my votes (humbly submitted)
1) Amumu - AOE stun, Bandage initiator and stun and Amumu has a ton of health and is to be build as such
2) Singed - AOE Slow, a fantastic placement device and can take a ton of punishment
3) Blitz - Killer placement and a huge AOE silence - less for team ganks but better for 2/3 person ganks
4) Malphite - AOE slow, AOE stun, and a fantastic initiation device. Armor lord!
5) Cho'Gath - HP monster - but a tough AOE stun and silence make him less useful

Tanks like Rammus and Alistar are less useful in the pure tank role because they tend to be ignored while their squishy friends get eaten up... then they limp slowly away and get killed off last.

DT777

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
My vote goes to Singed, especially if there's a Zilean on his team. Wow do I hate that combo.
I do enjoy playing with a Zilean on my team.

Almost as much as when there's a Morganna. And if we have both... oh boy...GGNORE

Kimmy Gibler

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroteknik View Post
I'm going to go with Mundo. His passive gives you hp regen based on how much total hp you have, and with warmogs/sunfire you have plenty of both hp and regen. Stack dodge runes, get the 21 defense mastery for reduced damage (and swiftness after dodge), get ninja tabi for your boots, and buy a force of nature. Your ult makes you damn near invulnerable for 12 seconds as your regen outpaces any damage you take.
This.

I love running past 2 towers just to finish off someone and still have half of my health due to mad regen. He's near impossible to take down when he's above lvl 15ish.

I prefer Mercury's Treads though (40% reduction on CC), with his W move (another 40% reduction) you get so much anti-CC it's incredible.

SlyGoat

09-28-2009

Mundo can take the most damage with his massive HP, passive, and ultimate.

Malphite can negate the most physical damage (seriously, built right he not only has 80%+ physical reduction, he can make Twitch attack once every 2 seconds)

Singed can stay alive the longest with his speed/slow/tankishness/passive/ultimate.

Amumu can absorb a lot of damage while still remaining a serious with his high damage skills and AoE disable.

Alistar can absorb the most damage in a push with his heal and ultimate and still wreck towers.

Can't go wrong, really. Just depends on what you consider a pure tank.

Zeyk

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evernight View Post
Tanks like Rammus and Alistar are less useful in the pure tank role because they tend to be ignored while their squishy friends get eaten up... then they limp slowly away and get killed off last.
That's totally false, Rammus' taunt is an extremely powerful CC - it completely shuts someone down for 3 seconds, and it can be used to force tower aggro on them or drag them into your teammates. He also has the snare and knockback on his powerball, and Tremor pushes structures very well. Alistar has an AE stun, a very strong knockback and a spammable heal.