Whos the best PURE tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odinson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2009

Altho I'm a big fan of alot of tanks. For straight up tanking I would go with Rammus. You can stack armor and magic resist fairly easy and with his defensive curl, well physical dps can be reduced by 90% near end game. Given there are ways to get around that. He also gets good dmg with his passive from the armor.

Like AI Assimilator said tho its kinda situational.

Proteq

09-27-2009

im sorry but alistar is with out a doubt the most underated champion in the game. with amazing suppots spells a insane aoe heal, the best tower pusher. im playing right now as a offensive but i i wantedto tank hed be the best imo. from early in the game to the end.

ImaBastard

09-27-2009

Cho'Gath, no doubt.

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-27-2009

Cho'gath gets a ton of HP, but Mundo almost gets an extra healthbar with a leveled up Sadism.

Singed has the easiest time getting a huge amount of HP, using items like Rod of Ages.

Bongotunadreg

09-28-2009

Sion+warmogs = 7 hp per kill. I got 3 warmogs on him and was getting +15 hp....per kill. +123 hp hero kill

Kabelis

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteq View Post
im sorry but alistar is with out a doubt the most underated champion in the game. with amazing suppots spells a insane aoe heal, the best tower pusher. im playing right now as a offensive but i i wantedto tank hed be the best imo. from early in the game to the end.
Agreed.
I play Ali often and he's really awesome.
Once you get that purple heart item (don't remember the name atm ^^), you can push like crazy with basically never ending mana.

Stun+knock enemy hero into your allies works wonders too.

Rageweaver

09-28-2009

Singed. Built as a pure tank he's incredibly difficult to kill. People who don't think he's a brilliant tank aren't building him properly.

DT777

09-28-2009

In a typical game, I have to either be playing incredibly reckless or run into a 3 man or more gank to die as Singed. Between his ult and his passive, he's incredibly hard to kill.

DryPenguin

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelis View Post
Agreed.
I play Ali often and he's really awesome.
Once you get that purple heart item (don't remember the name atm ^^), you can push like crazy with basically never ending mana.

Stun+knock enemy hero into your allies works wonders too.

And neither of you mentioned his ultimate. Please, no one kills him with his ultimate activated.

Shizz

09-28-2009

My vote goes to Singed, especially if there's a Zilean on his team. Wow do I hate that combo.