Jungling help (udyr)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qbr12

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2011

I can't jungle with all but the most perfectly safe junglers. Ive never made it through a jungle as anyone except for fiddlesticks and WW and I barely made it. I even own udyr and Ive attempted to jungle with him many times, all to no avail. This brings me to the point of this post:

What am i doing wrong? How do i jungle with Udyr?

If someone could point me to an up to date guide I would be very thankful. I was really looking forward to udyr and getting to jungle since I, regretfully, bought him on impulse without ever trying him out and now realize I cant do jack-**** with him.

Buccaneer

03-13-2011

Well, I would suggest getting runes first because Udyr is an extremely ****ty jungler without the proper runes and masteries.

Use this guide.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...ing-udyr.xhtml

TheCowGoes

03-13-2011

This is a favorite of mine: Build Your Own Udyr

In the guide, try the slower pheonix route starting at wolves/wraith/golems --> bluepill blue/wolves/wraith/golems/red --> gank. A little slow, but it works -- make sure you start with pheonix, and if you do, building attack speed and magic damage (such as sword of the divine) is absolutely lovely. Plus the slower route means you're not nearly as rune/mastery dependant.

RagnarVonBloodax

03-13-2011

I found a guide that has since worked for me. start with longsword/hp, get turtle and go to double golems. once you kill them get phoenix or tiger(works either way), bpill, get a hpot and a mpot and go kill blue using one hpot and the mpot. then wolves,ghost, double golems, red. leveling turtle again then bear for gank.

Doriantv

03-14-2011

I wrote the Build your own Udyr guide. And yes, the Wolves first route is safer, and it may work without optimal runes, but if you go Tiger, it's reeeeealllly slow. If you go Phoenix, it's pretty fast.

Kainn

03-14-2011

I have:
3 Health Quints
9 Red armor pen runes
9 Yellow flat health runes
9 Blue magic resist at level 18 runes.
And follow a 0/21/9 talent tree, making sure to put points into extra experience and utility mastery.

1.Buy a cloth armor and 5 health pots. Select phoenix as your first skill.Go down to blue bluff and take him out by using a health pot ASAP and constantly refreshing by phoenix stance as soon as it dissipates. Finish him off with smite. Remember to take out the golem first, and stay in a position where your stance is hitting all the enemies, golem and lizards.

2. Put a point into turtle stance and then go to wolves. Use another health pot and stay with phoenix stance until your proc goes off. Then switch to turtle and use it one or two times. Be sure to kil the big wolf first.

3. Wraiths. Start with phoenix stance and stick with it until it's effect procs, and then switch to turtle, going back to phoenix stance ASAP. You are once again, aiming for the big wraith first, and the little ones second. Remember to stay in the center.

4. Put another point into phoenix and move down to golems. Bring down the first golem by using smite again, to make sure you don't take too much damage. Then finish the second one off with your basic attacks/phoenix stance. If you are below 250 health and not feeling confident, go ahead and use another health potion. With practice however, this shouldn't be happening.

5. Recall. Buy a boots of speed and extra mana pots just in case. Go down to red buff now. Stand in the center, use a health potion ASAP, and constantly switch between turtle and phoenix stance. Only switch to turtle AFTER your phoenix's effect procs. Yet again, aim for the elder lizard first.

It has been working for me with great results so far. Haven't gone below at least a 2 KDR since ever.