Who is the best dominion player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iRandomDominion

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi21 View Post
So I saw a champ called Poopdog887 in Nekrogens games.

He has a platinum badge.

He picks primarily AP Shaco (in dominion) from his Lolstats (like I do)

http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/na/19376645

Just asking iRandomDominion. Is it safe to say that perhaps the top 5 haven't really been defined completely.

That thou Ryze could hold a spot there that the meta game players may have a point to the common bans?
What you said is exactly my point on the skill vs champs. As I already stated, Shaco (and the other 3) CAN be good/exceptional in (high elo) Dominion but ONLY if played by exceptional Shaco (or the other 3) players.

The guy you are refering to is clearly an exceptional Shaco player and thus he can do well with him in high elo.

The problem in all this discussion is that you really arent understanding the true "meaning" of a Top 5, or at least, the popular meaning which is the one Im referring to.

And this meaning is as simple as the Top 5 champions who can stomp like 70% of their games in whichever elo with little to no skill (in said champion) needed to achieve this.

The skill part being the most important of that sentence and hence why I bolded it.

Yorick is easily Top 5, simply because you can go from no-elo to high elo using this guy alone even if you have no idea how to play him (asuming you do know how to play the game). In high elo, you will have trouble if you are still not good with him, but if you are high-elo-skilled in general, even if you are a bad Yorick, you will still probably do good with him there.

(Notice Im talking Dominion here, afaik Yorick is not easy in SR)

Another champ could potentially be Ryze, and the best proof is in Nekros games. Not for Nekro himself because we all know he plays an exceptional Ryze, but because you often see other Ryzes there who are just not good Ryzes but are still there and if you check their match history they have it full of Ryze games where they win like most of them, but then you saw them on the stream and they were at most "meh" and got mega stomped by Nekro because his skill with him shines over the fact that the champ is a top champ.

This could be a bit confusing and I really dont like to argue, but basically, in order to make a significant Top 5 you need to consider the skill required to stomp with those champs if they were played by a good general player.

So for example Akali and Jax are 2 of the best low-mid elo stompers in Dominion, they could be Top 5 for low-mid elo as you correctly stated, because anyone who has never played Akali or Jax can take those 2 and stomp everything.

However as soon as they reach high elo, Akali will need to be good because jumping in recklessly in this elo will just get you killed before doing anything since you wont be able to spellvamp to sustain here, and Jax will just get perma kited forever (low elo players never, and I mean never ever Kite anyone, you will hardly see a player in low elo knowing how Kiting is properly done or what it even means!).

But anyway I guess it all really depends on the elo range, and specially the elo range you want/think you can reach. For example I know Im not high -nekro stream type- elo, but maybe I belong in mid elo where people can work out a Jax / Akali, so my Top 5 will be the champs I see there the most which can carry without much skill, best proof being myself picking up on them and stomping without knowing much about them (in my case it would be Kass, Yorick).

Seņor Pancho

11-01-2011

the best dominion player would be the guy that plays some underdog hero and win 8/10 games. there has to be someone like that

Poopdog887

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomDominion View Post
What you said is exactly my point on the skill vs champs. As I already stated, Shaco (and the other 3) CAN be good/exceptional in (high elo) Dominion but ONLY if played by exceptional Shaco (or the other 3) players.

The guy you are refering to is clearly an exceptional Shaco player and thus he can do well with him in high elo.
I just edited my statement to include chars. I completely agree that Shaco isn't top 5 (especially after the kick in the balls to AP Shaco). Shacos are manageable and the only thing that makes me special is that he is almost the only char I play in the only video game I play.

Then again you can look at Robot's Gir's win:loss. That's my exclusively Shaco account and it's very high elo for normal, was 1828 ranked 3s. Given that he has simple spells and I'm a ******, maybe the char is in the op list...

BeepBeepIamAjeep

11-01-2011

The best player is hands down Nekrogen i have seen his stream and he pull some crazy stuff with ryze let it be boom boom Q-W-E-Q or W-Q or Q-W he pull some nasty combo not even considering when he flash on a enemy point to finish a fleeing hero ... pure sexiness. Keep up the good work Nekro and keep it real <3333.

iRandomDominion

11-01-2011

Btw I think the best example if you dont want to read my annoying wall of text would be something like this:

Lets say Top 2 was Yorick, then Ryze.

A good Ryze (taking the current match example) will beat a bad/decent Yorick, even though Yorick is placed higher in the Top 2. He will still be higher than Ryze, because a bad/decent Yorick will beat a bad/decent Ryze, since Yorick is easier to stomp with than Ryze.

However, there are champs like Urgot who are extremely insanely strong in Dominion (bot) and can potentially beat every single bot lane even Yorick/Ryze and anything, if the player is actually a great Urgot. However, a bad/decent Urgot is almost trash/useless.

So, a good Urgot will beat a good Yorick/Ryze, but a bad Urgot will be stomped by a bad/decent Yorick/Ryze.

So Urgot cant be in the Top 5 because even if he can be strong beyond belief, he requires exceptional play to do so.

Sauron

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
I'd like to point out that Poopdog belongs to my top tier dominion friends :P. Zaberz, Mailius, Poopdog, Regent, Poopdog, AboveAwesome, lVlelkor (not sure if they are i's or L's lol), and Hellrider. They are all extremely skilled technically and could probably beat me if pitted against me and whatever team I got with whatever champs they want.

There are a slew of other amazing players that I play against/with very frequently, but I won't name them all here.
While 30+ minute queue times are indeed glorious, I don't consider myself among the best Dominion players. I just like to play for fun. If a low Elo or unranked person invites me to a game, I play with them unless I simply can't play League at that moment.

The one time I botlaned against you (Nekrogen), I think I beat you with Jarvan just because I went straight MR+HP due to your team comp and you were not used to super aggressive play + promote. You would have beaten me normally.

I've been vs'ing a really really good Skarner player a lot lately but I'm drawing blank on his exact name. We keep fighting the same groups of players over and over when we queue together.

I consider Rammus, Ryze, Pantheon, Kog, and Jax to be the top 5 champs for Dominion. Yorick, Poppy, Akali, and pre-patch Shaco are just behind them. While I think Ryze is a top 5, he's rarely banned because you can swap lanes against him depending on what defensive item he goes for first.

Nekrogen

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomDominion View Post
Btw I think the best example if you dont want to read my annoying wall of text would be something like this:

Lets say Top 2 was Yorick, then Ryze.

A good Ryze (taking the current match example) will beat a bad/decent Yorick, even though Yorick is placed higher in the Top 2. He will still be higher than Ryze, because a bad/decent Yorick will beat a bad/decent Ryze, since Yorick is easier to stomp with than Ryze.

However, there are champs like Urgot who are extremely insanely strong in Dominion (bot) and can potentially beat every single bot lane even Yorick/Ryze and anything, if the player is actually a great Urgot. However, a bad/decent Urgot is almost trash/useless.

So, a good Urgot will beat a good Yorick/Ryze, but a bad Urgot will be stomped by a bad/decent Yorick/Ryze.

So Urgot cant be in the Top 5 because even if he can be strong beyond belief, he requires exceptional play to do so.
Absolutely. +1

ZaberZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

hey ZaberZ here. people mentioned me so i just decided to pop in... and ya... hi

Sauron

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaberZ View Post
hey ZaberZ here. people mentioned me so i just decided to pop in... and ya... hi
How are you a Junior Member when you know ALL the forum memes?

MindlessLegend

11-01-2011

I say KASS is the best, he carried us when we were 4v5 and won. Flash in with ult silence nuke, flash away, awww yah. easy as pie.