Who is the best dominion player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi21 View Post
Considered Graves? I did see you play him.
I do play him bottom lane very often. He is my second to Ryze.

iRandomDominion

11-01-2011

Quote:
Just said I watched his stream in my post -.-

Well you better tell the meta crowd that ban:

Akali, Shaco, Rammus and Jax every game.

But perhaps Nekrogen can tell me who they ban in draft in Dominion in his ELO? From the games I watch he was doing a lot of blind pick games.
In my post, I related to Nekros stream precisely because you said you watched it. Read again, I wasnt implying you hadnt seen it, I was implying you did see it.

Also, Nekrogen (or anyone in that elo) can NOT play Draft because it would take at least what.. 1 and a half hour per queue? Maybe even more, so its really not worth it just to ban 4 champs that they can actually deal with anyway.

None of the Top 5 picks (of their elo) are insta-win champs, not even Yorick. A good Yorick will be hard to beat, but a new Yorick (even tho he is quite easy to stomp with in Dominion) will get stomped hard in their elo. So its not worth it to spend hours on queues just to ban champs, specially considering how fast Dominion games are so its probably better to queue 30 min and lose to a champ in 25 min than having to wait 90 min just to play without it.

Also, the "meta crowd" you are referring to is precisely the huge mass of "bad players" in Dominion I was referring to in my post.

Bad players still ban Rammus, Akali, Jax and Shaco simply because they dont know how to counter any of them, even if they are poorly played.

People in my games (since I dont have enough champions in this account to play draft) have no idea how to play against those 4 champions. But then again, they also have no idea how to play against a decently played Ryze, or any Yorick, or a decently played Vayne/Graves, etc.

In fact, I can assure you that you can buy Yorick today, start stomping every single game with him bot, and even after 50+ wins (and say.. 5 losses at most?) people will still not be banning Yorick because they just have in their minds Akali/Jax/Rammus/Shaco as the "uncounterables".

And if people keep banning Shaco after the huge nerf of this patch, that should just be enough proof for you that they simply have no idea what they are doing.

Psi21

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomDominion View Post
In my post, I related to Nekros stream precisely because you said you watched it. Read again, I wasnt implying you hadnt seen it, I was implying you did see it.

Also, Nekrogen (or anyone in that elo) can NOT play Draft because it would take at least what.. 1 and a half hour per queue? Maybe even more, so its really not worth it just to ban 4 champs that they can actually deal with anyway.

None of the Top 5 picks (of their elo) are insta-win champs, not even Yorick. A good Yorick will be hard to beat, but a new Yorick (even tho he is quite easy to stomp with in Dominion) will get stomped hard in their elo. So its not worth it to spend hours on queues just to ban champs, specially considering how fast Dominion games are so its probably better to queue 30 min and lose to a champ in 25 min than having to wait 90 min just to play without it.

Also, the "meta crowd" you are referring to is precisely the huge mass of "bad players" in Dominion I was referring to in my post.

Bad players still ban Rammus, Akali, Jax and Shaco simply because they dont know how to counter any of them, even if they are poorly played.

People in my games (since I dont have enough champions in this account to play draft) have no idea how to play against those 4 champions. But then again, they also have no idea how to play against a decently played Ryze, or any Yorick, or a decently played Vayne/Graves, etc.

In fact, I can assure you that you can buy Yorick today, start stomping every single game with him bot, and even after 50+ wins (and say.. 5 losses at most?) people will still not be banning Yorick because they just have in their minds Akali/Jax/Rammus/Shaco as the "uncounterables".

And if people keep banning Shaco after the huge nerf of this patch, that should just be enough proof for you that they simply have no idea what they are doing.
So there is a huge mass of bad players that pick, Akali, Rammus, Jax and Shaco in blind games.

Wow those noobs! Good thing we have good players like you to tell them. -.-

Nekrogen

11-01-2011

Quote:
But perhaps Nekrogen can tell me who they ban in draft in Dominion in his ELO? From the games I watch he was doing a lot of blind pick games.
I can't play draft mode anymore, because the wait time exceeds 40 minutes easily (unless I get lucky), but I'd venture a guess that Ryze, Kogmaw, Jax, Rammus, Pantheon are common bans. I say Ryze simply because there is always a chance of facing me in high elo, but in the lower elos you probably won't see this ban; you might see a Shaco or akali ban in low-mid elo.

iRandomDominion

11-01-2011

Quote:
So there is a huge mass of bad players that pick, Akali, Rammus, Jax and Shaco in blind games.

Wow those noobs! Good thing we have good players like you to tell them.
Good thing we have players like you who dont know how to read and just reply based on something that has nothing to do with anything I said.

I never said Akali, Rammus, Jax or Shaco were bad in Dominion? Did I ever say anything that could even imply that?

Because the only thing I actually said was the fact that they are no longer in Top 5 (or, ok, the top 5 of non-retarded Dominion players), so if for you "Not being in Top 5" instantly means "Bad", then there are like 76~ bad champions in Dominion and 5 good ones.

Thats your reasoning right?

Geez. Learn to read seriously.

Lets recap again, Akali, Rammus, Jax and Shaco are NOT bad picks in Dominion, but they ARE much easily counterable now and people have (or at least the ones I play with and the ones "high elo" players play with) learned how, so they require really GOOD players behind them to be able to actually stomp with them, OR to be in a bad enough elo where they dont need to be good with them in order to stomp faces because the enemy team havent learned how to counter you.

Just go at it yourself. Pick the champ you have least experience with yourself: Akali, Rammus, Jax or Shaco. Now, play it straight on for 150+ games in Dominion and see the results.

Wanna make a bet? You will have excelent win ratios for the first 80~ games, then have mediocre ratios for the next 40~, and then you will have terrible win ratios for the remaining 30~ because you will have reached an elo where picking one of those champions require you to be GOOD with them to do well with.

Try it. Or you can tryhard Yorick even if you are new with him and see that you can actually win like 75% of your games up to even higher amounts than 150 games. Might get boring tho.

Psi21

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomDominion View Post
Good thing we have players like you who dont know how to read and just reply based on something that has nothing to do with anything I said.

I never said Akali, Rammus, Jax or Shaco were bad in Dominion? Did I ever say anything that could even imply that?

Because the only thing I actually said was the fact that they are no longer in Top 5 (or, ok, the top 5 of non-retarded Dominion players), so if for you "Not being in Top 5" instantly means "Bad", then there are like 76~ bad champions in Dominion and 5 good ones.

Thats your reasoning right?

Geez. Learn to read seriously.

Lets recap again, Akali, Rammus, Jax and Shaco are NOT bad picks in Dominion, but they ARE much easily counterable now and people have (or at least the ones I play with and the ones "high elo" players play with) learned how, so they require really GOOD players behind them to be able to actually stomp with them, OR to be in a bad enough elo where they dont need to be good with them in order to stomp faces because the enemy team havent learned how to counter you.

Just go at it yourself. Pick the champ you have least experience with yourself: Akali, Rammus, Jax or Shaco. Now, play it straight on for 150+ games in Dominion and see the results.

Wanna make a bet? You will have excelent win ratios for the first 80~ games, then have mediocre ratios for the next 40~, and then you will have terrible win ratios for the remaining 30~ because you will have reached an elo where picking one of those champions require you to be GOOD with them to do well with.

Try it. Or you can tryhard Yorick even if you are new with him and see that you can actually win like 75% of your games up to even higher amounts than 150 games. Might get boring tho.
sure why not. I play too much as it is.

http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/na/57791

Couldn't find your stats (iRandomDominion) but I think this is just your forum account. Right... -.-

(Wow Nekrogen you have a bad Oct 20th??!!!)

Nekrogen

11-01-2011

Quote:
sure why not. I play too much as it is.

http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/na/57791

Couldn't find your stats (iRandomDominion) but I think this is just your forum account. Right... -.-

(Wow Nekrogen you have a bad Oct 20th??!!!)
One day I decided to invite a bunch of randoms into my games, I also wanted to lower my queue times. I guess that was the day lol.

Psi21

11-01-2011

So I saw a champ called Poopdog887 in Nekrogens games.

He has a platinum badge.

He picks primarily AP Shaco (in dominion) from his Lolstats (like I do)

http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/na/19376645

Just asking iRandomDominion. Is it safe to say that perhaps the top 5 haven't really been defined completely.

That thou Ryze could hold a spot there that the meta game players may have a point to the common bans?

Nekrogen

11-01-2011

Quote:
So I saw a champ called Poopdog887 in Nekrogens games.

He has a platinum badge.

He picks primarily AP Shaco (in dominion) from his Lolstats (like I do)

http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/na/19376645

Just asking iRandomDominion. Is it safe to say that perhaps the top 5 haven't really been defined completely.

That thou Ryze could hold a spot there that the meta game players may have a point to the common bans?
I'd like to point out that Poopdog belongs to my top tier dominion friends :P. Zaberz, Mailius, Poopdog, Regent, Poopdog, AboveAwesome, lVlelkor (not sure if they are i's or L's lol), and Hellrider. They are all extremely skilled technically and could probably beat me if pitted against me and whatever team I got with whatever champs they want.

There are a slew of other amazing players that I play against/with very frequently, but I won't name them all here.

Poopdog887

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

Aww thanks . If you want to look me up I recommend my "Robot Gir" account. I take that one much more seriously. It is strictly Shaco only, usually AD Shaco b/c it lacks AP runes and I only go AP when I'm lazy (playing a squishy melee takes a lot more thinking IMO).

I like your assessment of top Dominion players. We do have extremely long q times and very big win streaks (my highest is at least 20).

Sorry I'm a little rushed so I didn't read every single post. Just to point out a few things I think:

a.) Ryze can be construed as OP, but not relative to the obviously OP **** out there (like Poppy's passive). I've played many, many games and the only Ryze I've tried to avoid is Nekrogen's (refused to q last night until he, zaberz, and mailius were in a game--30 **** minutes--because I didn't know who would go bot vs him). I guess my ruling is: Ryze is a bit imba b/c of his mana reliance and cds, but only OP when used in Nekrogen's hands. I very rarely saw Ryze banned when I played draft mode if that offers anything.

b.) Screw Top 5. I think the Top 3 players are: Regent, Nekrogen, and Hellrider/Zaberz (I haven't played enough with Mailius). Top 5 chars is now difficult b/c armor pen was taken down a bit. From my experience (pre-patch): Rammus, Poppy, Pantheon/AD Sion, Kog, Jax. Yorick is very close behind those

c.) Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but the bottom lane is the most important role in Dominion. That said, I think it takes the most skill; if you can beat out your opponent 1v1 and the consequent ganks, your team will likely be in a good position; whereas if your bottom laner loses then you constantly have to rescue the lane and end up losing out elsewhere.