Who is the best dominion player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
While my top 5 not including shaco because i dont know how it affected the patch is Yorick, Poppy, Ryze, Warwick, Vayne.

He is hands down the best caster, with low cooldowns full power, can 1 on 1 no problem, scales well during the whole game, push well, he is good against assasins and bruisers , or at least better than most casters.

Basically he is the best Ap nuker in dominion since he can fight non stop and deal with most champs, he is one of the champs in dominion that isnt scared of anyone. That puts ryze that high.

The argument that they are waiting for it to be balanced its not truth, at least not as worded "as well as they can" every game can always be improved on balance. If game developers would wait for that moment, games would NEVER EVER be released.
So thats not the reason, im not sure whats the reason but thats not it.
Ryze is extremely powerful and deserves a top seat for sure, but he isn't "broken" persay. I agree he is the most powerful mage on Dominion and rightfully so for the reasons you stated, but he is not a guaranteed win.

You are right about the ranked stuff too, I honestly don't know when it is coming, I'm just making an educated guess; Dominion is young, give it a chance. A more accurate reason would be that they are waiting for season 2.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

yeah I agree he is not "broken" he is just the best caster (someone has to be right?)

AstaorthX

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Ryze is top 5 champ for sure. So yes?
Anyway we need ranked. I have no idea why its not implemented yet.
Theres still balancing issues yet....they wanna try and balance everything before ranked Dom comes into play so people QQ less

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

There will always balance issues, so ranked is never going to be released?

urmamasllama

11-01-2011

LOL hating on nekrogen because he is a top player

Psi21

11-01-2011

I have actually watched Nekrogen's stream. Granted it wasn't when he was winning in either game but I watched.

And no doubt Nekrogen seems to be good at even "Graves" when I watched him play.

But I think it is fair to wager that Ryze isn't much of the factor here and that if Nekrogen played or practiced with the current top five he could be even better.

Akali, Jax, Rammus, Shaco or Yorick

iRandomDominion

11-01-2011

Akali/Jax are no longer top 5, Psi.

And Shaco never really was, the majority of Dominion Shaco players are bad at Shaco, but they stomp because bad players havent learned to counter him (and they'd rather QQ on forums than actually learn to play against him, as always), but in high ELO matches (those from Nekrogen's stream) the Shacos you do eventually see MUST play an extremely well played Shaco in order to actually be "decent" because those players, who are actually great players in general, have learned how to counter Shaco in Dominion, and honestly it is not that hard. So in order to be strong, you need to be exceptional with Shaco, and thats like what, 1% of all the Shacos in the game?

But anyway, if you want to know an approximate of who is the best player in Dominion right now, my best suggestion would be to watch Nekrogen's stream and see every player on his matches. I have seen some really, really insane players there that just make me realize over and over again how I just couldnt be high elo with my current skill. If I were on those matches I would get completely stomped.

Those guys are all top notch and definitely worth watching if you are a Dominion lover like me.

PS: I also dont think we will ever know really who is the "Best Dominion player" per-se, because just like SR, there are roles here that certain players will probably do better than others. For example, we could know who is the best "solo bot" player. Who is the best "roam defender". Cause probably the best bot guy will be a guy who has based most of his games on gathering experience as a solo bot player, but if you put him to play a roam defender he might not shine as much since its not his "field".

Thats how I see it at least

Right now my top 2 bot solos from what Ive seen in the stream are Nekrogen (Ryze/Graves), and SeriousTyr0 (Urgot). Also a Karthus player I dont remember the name but he was just brutal.

Psi21

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomDominion View Post
Akali/Jax are no longer top 5, Psi.

And Shaco never really was, the majority of Dominion Shaco players are bad at Shaco, but they stomp because bad players havent learned to counter him (and they'd rather QQ on forums than actually learn to play against him, as always), but in high ELO matches (those from Nekrogen's stream) the Shacos you do eventually see MUST play an extremely well played Shaco in order to actually be "decent" because those players, who are actually great players in general, have learned how to counter Shaco in Dominion, and honestly it is not that hard. So in order to be strong, you need to be exceptional with Shaco, and thats like what, 1% of all the Shacos in the game?
Just said I watched his stream in my post -.-

Well you better tell the meta crowd that ban:

Akali, Shaco, Rammus and Jax every game.

But perhaps Nekrogen can tell me who they ban in draft in Dominion in his ELO? From the games I watch he was doing a lot of blind pick games.

Nekrogen

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi21 View Post
I have actually watched Nekrogen's stream. Granted it wasn't when he was winning in either game but I watched.

And no doubt Nekrogen seems to be good at even "Graves" when I watched him play.

But I think it is fair to wager that Ryze isn't much of the factor here and that if Nekrogen played or practiced with the current top five he could be even better.

Akali, Jax, Rammus, Shaco or Yorick
I've played Yorick, but I find him extremely boring for the most part (personally).
I played Akali in beta before she was even considered OP. I didn't rush gunblade and wrecked faces. Stopped playing her due to her "OP" status, but I might go back to playing her now.
Rammus.... I suck with. Hard. Maybe some practice, idk. I randomed with him once and did ok, but it was pretty clear I sucked lol.
I have yet to learn Jax, but he seems interesting I guess, granted a little bit singleminded (smack dem *****es!).
Shaco I also played in beta, pretty much just made nests and lol'd when people ran into them. If they actually altered the arm time on the jacks I would consider trying him AD.

Psi21

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
I've played Yorick, but I find him extremely boring for the most part (personally).
I played Akali in beta before she was even considered OP. I didn't rush gunblade and wrecked faces. Stopped playing her due to her "OP" status, but I might go back to playing her now.
Rammus.... I suck with. Hard. Maybe some practice, idk. I randomed with him once and did ok, but it was pretty clear I sucked lol.
I have yet to learn Jax, but he seems interesting I guess, granted a little bit singleminded (smack dem *****es!).
Shaco I also played in beta, pretty much just made nests and lol'd when people ran into them. If they actually altered the arm time on the jacks I would consider trying him AD.
Considered Graves? I did see you play him.