STFU About Shyvana being a Wyvern

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ASYLUM101

10-31-2011

People saying wyverns look like dragons -

no duh. That's like saying pigs look like warthogs.

No they don't. They are similar, but not the same. Pigs have 4 legs and a snout, warthogs have 4 legs and a snout...and tusks. Wyverns have 2 wings, 2 feet. Dragons have 4 legs and 2 wings, 6 limbs total, according to the true mythology.

And why does it bother you so much that you have to start another useless topic about it?

AssTrance

10-31-2011

so shes a drake? or rather an alchemist that made the drake mount, turning her into a drake?

Tvor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-31-2011

I have no problem her being dragon or wyvern, but she doesn't look like either, she right now looks like this.

Missing wingspans, skinny lower half, making her look like a half bat instead of half draco

BigMD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

currently her skin makes me think of a bat more than a dragon and to the people claiming that dragons only have 4 legs and 2 wings need to get their facts straight 4 legs and 2 wings are European dragons, there are quite a few different types but none that i know of have the 2 wing/2 leg combo. depending on where your looking into dragon lore (america, china, europe, ect...) the dragons will vary but mostly they will follow one of these 3 patterns

4 legs, 2 wings

4 legs, no wings

2 wings, no legs

and not all dragons breathe fire

EDIT: also there is no harm in the people on the forum complaining about how she looks its riots job to form the game into something that the players like and will enjoy so if anythign riot WANTS to hear if we dont like the look of her dragon form (Lux is a good example)

AssTrance

10-31-2011

half lion half turtle

Akeatk

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN Pheonixess View Post
I could care less, I like her. Dragons are reptile thingys that breath fire, her dragon form she is reptilian and breaths fire. Enough for me.
you forgot about wings, and she has them so screw the wyvern haters or half dragon haters(dunno why they care). its a flying, fire-breathing lizard, so its all good

Ruahi

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssTrance View Post
half lion half turtle
ahh the last airbender now that was a good series

Putzfrau

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
If she has only two legs in Dragon form and a long kneck, she's technically a Wyvern (a species of Dragon in mythology) get over it. That being said, this is a game and a lot of mythological creatures are over simplified or misrepresented or misnamed.

Here are some examples:

Blizzard added Manticores in Warcraft III and World of Warcraft, but they misnamed them Wyvern's. (Either no one has bothered to point this out, or they don't care anymore since they've already made the mistake and it is too late to rectify it).

Orcs were invented by J.R.R. Tolken (like hobbits were). They are described as being just shorter than an adult man, but much broader and possibly stronger. Ash-grey, etc. Yet in most videogames and fantasy games (old and new), Orcs are usually green, or sometimes red (when the mythology of the game gives them demonic origins or they are somehow demon infused). This trend probably started when Orcs were first being used in fantasy games or videogames for aesthetic reasons, as green looks similar to grey in some shades and might have been easier to recognize in some shades, but it soon became the norm. Red Orcs and Goblins were introduced in Heroes of Might and Magic (probably some time after 3do was bought out, I've only played the Heroes III and a Heroes VI demo and Dark Messiah) as beastmen created through a combination of demon blood and human flesh. Red Orcs were also introduced in Warcraft III as demon-infused orcs.

Sorry, got off topic.

tl:dr: Fantasy games and video games rarely get their mythology right.
pretending theres an "official" mythology to fanasty is absurd. Tolkien did nothing but invent a creature FOR HIS WORLD that he named the "orc" a word that has existed in the "real world" for a long ass time, and has meant various things (all monster,ogre,demon related) across the many many ****ing years. just like he snatched dwarves and elves right out of "real world" mythology as well, he just changed them a little bit. that means he, for some arbitrary reason, gets the final say on what is and isn't an "orc"? does he get final say on elves? dwarves? cause he did about as much for "inventing" those as he did for the orc.

just like troll.. ogre... elf... farie... OH and dragon. all of these "creatures" are merely fantastical beings that have existed in one form or another across many different cultures and many different mythologies. to make matters even more confusing, those concepts are then taken and used repeatedly by more contemporary authors/artists/movie directors/video game maker peoples.

basically what i'm saying, is these creatures always will, always have been, and will always continue to be NOT ****ING REAL. theres no real picture of a dragon that you can look at and be like 'ZOMG SEE ITS WINGS AREN'T ON ITS ARMS OMMGGGG ITS CLEARLY A WYVERNNNN'

sure, in this day and age you can pretend all you want about how the coalition of nerdom has gotten together making an official fantasy and science fiction mythology book. ITS OKAY GUYS, EVERYTHING FROM NOW ON CAN BE CORRECT. WE'LL NEVER CONFUSE A DRAGON FOR A WYVERN AGAINN!!!! but all these classifications we've made for what is and is not a dragon, or a troll, or an elf for that matter... these are modern inventions. dragon has been used to describe MANY different types of serpentine like monsters throughout the ages. elves have gone from gay (santas helpers) to gayer (legolas), and trolls and ogres have been all shapes/sizes/colors under the sun.

considering the massive ****ing difference in how "dragons" are depicted even among ancient cultures is proof enough that it doesnt matter how many legs your dragon has.

you can call your dragon a dragon as long as it pretty much looks like the dragon. unless you want to show me the ancient chinese text that says "dragon have 4 regs, wyvern onry have two" i'm gonna go on believing this wyvern bull**** is a modern invention to try and clarify and classify that which doesnt need to be.

NinNinNin

11-01-2011

They can call it whatever they want, doesn't make it look any less terrible.

AlfredRosenberg

11-01-2011

She looks like garbage.

Her anatomy is just plain terrible & lazily modeled. The legs are too spindly to support the body, the wings aren't joined to the body and therefore can make a proper airfoil, the tail looks glued-on... yuuck.