@Riot - Stop hiding

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mitsui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I'm not the guy who is going to enter this conversation and speak to the justification or validity of the decision. What I can do is speak to how we handled communication - which was poor. The decision has been made for better or for worse, and if the decision is going to be changed it's because the WCG is going to change it.

Whether or not I agree with the decision is not relevant - what I can do is apologize for the poor communication and ensure that we're taking the appropriate steps to manage both our communication to players about this stuff, and our relationships with tournament organizers.
sounds quite familiar. when did i hear this before?

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

So I've been wondering, is Jatt a citizen of both countires?

Semantically it matters quite a lot (and is most likely impossible, generally you have to give up one citizenship for another in US/CA relations.)

Leonson

10-31-2011

Yeah, he's a citizen of both.

I've got a friend with tri citizenship, US, Canada, UK.

DzelJ

10-31-2011

Quote:
This is a decision that isn't ours to make. While this is a League of Legends events - ultimately the rules and decisions here are made by the WCG USA.
according to riotmarcou in his post concerning this, he claims that he along with wcg and riot made this decision. is that true or false?

EDIT: upon rereading i must have misread. my apologies. please disregard

welshers

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzel2584 View Post
according to riotmarcou in his post concerning this, he claims that he along with wcg and riot made this decision. is that true or false?
This.

Either Pendragon of Marcou lied. Somebody ****in lied.

GG

BerniBear

10-31-2011

/singed

skizbot

10-31-2011

Quote:
This is a decision that isn't ours to make. While this is a League of Legends events - ultimately the rules and decisions here are made by the WCG USA.
Multiple WCG sources confirmed that they conferred with Matt Marcou to reach a decision on the matter.

RIOT doesnt have full control over what WCG does, but you have 100 percent control over Jatt's account. It's not too late to redeem yourselves in the eyes of the community and retain some semblance of being a serious eSport.

1wheel

10-31-2011

Quote:
Whether or not I agree with the decision is not relevant - what I can do is apologize for the poor communication and ensure that we're taking the appropriate steps to manage both our communication to players about this stuff, and our relationships with tournament organizers.
Thank you putting your neck out like this - seems sort of risky after the skype call ect.

My main feeling of frustration with riot right now, after reading your explanation is the continued defense of a pretty clearly flawed situation.

>The format for WCG Canada is the same format (double elimination, best of three). It was also communicated improperly by the WCG CA admins (the same organization that ran the US tournament).

>The consistent ruleset for online WCG tournaments is a double elimination, best of three format (update for clarity: one set in initial round; multiple sets for the final round - see explanation below in response #1), and the entire event was run in this fashion. The officially posted rules on the WCGs website incorrectly stated the rules for this event as best of three games

This is just _not_ true. If the players, admins, and viewers all think that the finals are bo3 games, and the event is played and finished under those assumptions, that _is_ how event was played. I know you aren't going to comment on the specifics of the decision or its validity, but backing down from those statements and admitting error in that area would probably reduce my impulse to mash the downvote button.

VeritasLuxMea

10-31-2011

Pendragon; While im sure that the community really appreciates the fact that we are finally getting a red response to the WCG debacle, Riot has yet to formally address the issue. I really think whats required is a front page post to the community, explaining Riot's official position on the issue and their plans to prevent such gross misconduct from happening again.

The community wants Riot to take a stand and show some backbone. Show us that you really care about your game and your players as much as you say. Make a front page post explaining how the miscommunication arose and how you plan to prevent it in the future.

zztt

10-31-2011

Tell me, what other company would speak up for the misconduct of a 3rd party tournament?