@Riot - Stop hiding

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zztt

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapays View Post
So you're telling me you had no control over Jatt playing for dignitas? That sounds a little skechty.
WCG is not a tourney that Riot is running. It is a WCG tournament. Riot can and did give WCG input when they asked them for it, but ultimately WCG are the ones in control.

Dance Dark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harky View Post
This is your decision to make. Matt Marcou admitted live to 15,000+ people that he made the decision and the WCG organizer claimed that they would go either way on the ruling based on his input. Please see begining at 1 hour 11 minutes and approximately 30 seconds: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl0DqvmyXzw

This is Matt Marcou claiming that the WCG organizer approached him to make the final decision on the ruling, literally meaning that this was Riot's decision.
This man speaks truth. @ 1:11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcou
Both our community and you guys are very much trained that "Hey, Riot is the final authority," right? And actually, because of the numerous mishaps, the WCG also was like "OK, you know, so Marcou's the one who's going to deal with the community fallout and everything. We're going to let him, like, reinforce the decision either way."
So you guys at Riot did have a decisive hand in the decision to make it a Best of 3 Sets, which you guys are indirectly condemning as a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
It's not going to be productive to get into the semantics of language, and talk about the specific errors that were made on our part. What I can say - is that we made some unfortunate communication missteps which we're going to work to address , and that ultimately the decisions made here were the decisions of the WCG USA
So, Marcou did say that Riot had the decisive decision in the video. Thus, as previously stated by someone else last page, either Riot did in fact do as Marcou said and had the final say in what went on in WCG or you sent a representative that had "communication missteps" aka lies on a public stream of 8000+ viewers.

Lapays

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztt View Post
Why would they? It is not a Riot tournament. It is a WCG tournament. Riot can and did give WCG input when they asked them for it, but ultimately WCG are the ones in control.
I feel if they cared enough they could of brought this up to WCG and get Jatt Dq'd but it was all ignored in favor of Dignitas.

teekeeus

10-31-2011

Why has Riot not made a more concerted effort to defend the legitimacy of League of Legends as an eSports title?

zztt

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapays View Post
I feel if they cared enough they could of brought this up to WCG and get Jatt Dq'd but it was all ignored in favor of Dignitas.
True, it could be brought up, but once again the ultimate decision on rule interpretation would still be in the hands of WCG.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

10-31-2011
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
So you guys at Riot did have a decisive hand in the decision to make it a Best of 3 Sets, which you guys are indirectly condemning as a mistake.
I'm not the guy who is going to enter this conversation and speak to the justification or validity of the decision. What I can do is speak to how we handled communication - which was poor. The decision has been made for better or for worse, and if the decision is going to be changed it's because the WCG is going to change it.

Whether or not I agree with the decision is not relevant - what I can do is apologize for the poor communication and ensure that we're taking the appropriate steps to manage both our communication to players about this stuff, and our relationships with tournament organizers.

Frundas

10-31-2011

Quote:
I'm not the guy who is going to enter this conversation and speak to the justification or validity of the decision. What I can do is speak to how we handled communication - which was poor. The decision has been made for better or for worse, and if the decision is going to be changed it's because the WCG is going to change it.

Whether or not I agree with the decision is not relevant - what I can do is apologize for the poor communication and ensure that we're taking the appropriate steps to manage both our communication to players about this stuff, and our relationships with tournament organizers.
So tl'dr,

Dignitas goes to Korea, CDE gets screwed, WCG Korea is now a joke, and Riot saying "we will improve" for the umpteenth time all while having a quality control/PR team seemingly run by teenagers.

Got it

Unless Riot intervenes, then I feel like your posts are not going to quell the situation at all. Too many rules were either broken, seemingly pulled from thin air, or flat out ignored while Marcou, the supposed supervisor of all league tourneys, gets paid to make each major league tourney a scandal of some sort.

Even if we ignore the whole set/series/whatever nonsense the finals was, the matter remains that Jatt played in both canada and the USA qualifiers and should be DQ based on the rules provided and common sense. If you dont have the guts to make an official announcement and/or rectify the unjust actions, then all that shows is that Riot cares nothing about the image of their product nor the legitimacy of their events.

I think for the most part people want to see something done; as to what I'm not sure but like the saying goes actions (of any sort) speak louder than words. I do, as a final note, understand where you are coming from; the whole situation is messy and there is no "winner" in it all.

Leonson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Will Riot be putting any pressure on WCG for corrective action?

If so, apology accepted, and I look forward to seeing what happens.

If not, then your words are meaningless. You're allowing WCG to trash the reputation of your product and just standing by.

Harky

10-31-2011

Quote:

That isn't the only thing which needs to be answered. Matt Marcou made two very direct statements. First that he personally took the call from a WCG organizer in regard to the controversy, and second that the ruling was Riot's decision. Based on your statements can we assume that both of these statements are false and if so is there a way that we can file a complaint in this matter?

FireitUp622

10-31-2011

Quote:

Why are you not advising WCG to change the decision then? Unless you're just using them as a scapegoat, it seems you ultimately have the power in the relationship given you can deny them as clients...