POST to change SOLO RANKED ELO ratings criteria

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fluffyknowsyou

11-02-2011

Your first point is utterly intangible, scoring on support? This can mean ashe would get support points because she was ranged while covering olaf's charge.

The second point is utterly ridiculous, that's a sure fire way to alienate the majority of the playerbase. I've done some stupid things in ranked, underestimated the difficulty, played champions I only knew marginally, and played free champions as well. My first season was trash,but on this second season I've improved by playing my main champions. So in a tl;dr way of putting things, people are capable of improving their skill and doing better.

Though a second note on your second point, it's just stupid. Score means nothing, I've seen games where the token carry(caitlyn) came back after being dominated in mid.

Last point: I dunno know what you're getting at. At least your stupid second point was coherent.

Deathzwei

11-02-2011

For the 2nd point, I'm simply suggesting an alternative. I apologize if I was being rude, and yes, I was **** mad and how noobs ruin ranked games, and sending people (who know how to play ranked) like me down the ladders, ruined our moods for the games, and I apologize for that. I was my least favorite one anyway, cold, harsh, although I think you won't deny that some people will agree with it when their ranked games go one-sided.

As for the 1st point, the score is based on the profession of the type of the champion you're playing as well. Who'd expect Soraka to get more kills than support (in ranked)? It's also difficult to see Talon get 2 times more support than kills in ranked. I can't give the statistics, but RIOTS probably can.
Also, if you haven't realized it, in a "good game" where the scores of two teams are close, for example 50/50 or 52/48, it's not difficult at all for even the worst score player on either team to get a KDA ration of 2:1, if he gets 5/15/25 as the final score. But that about the KDA of feeders?, probably less than 1:1, some times as low as 0.5:1.

The whole point of my post is, get NOOBs out of the way of people who can play well. My last two matches are : the opponent has an afk twitch, we won, but again, an awful game. The second match, Sona and Panth fed bot, kept charging into their Rammus and Graves. 10/0/2 was Graves score at 15 minutes. Now, this is freaking stupid, indeed, for a ranked match.

IvansInTheJungle

11-02-2011

if this was posted before dominion i wouldve laughed at you. but riot has proven itself capable of doing a score based game. in my opinion if they can make it work to where people get credit for doing well even if it isnt carrying, then they should. that would keep function people at a higher elo (out of the 1k at least) and separate the total idiots into a total idiot herd...

Fluffyknowsyou

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathzwei View Post
For the 2nd point, I'm simply suggesting an alternative. I apologize if I was being rude, and yes, I was **** mad and how noobs ruin ranked games, and sending people (who know how to play ranked) like me down the ladders, ruined our moods for the games, and I apologize for that. I was my least favorite one anyway, cold, harsh, although I think you won't deny that some people will agree with it when their ranked games go one-sided.

As for the 1st point, the score is based on the profession of the type of the champion you're playing as well. Who'd expect Soraka to get more kills than support (in ranked)? It's also difficult to see Talon get 2 times more support than kills in ranked. I can't give the statistics, but RIOTS probably can.
Also, if you haven't realized it, in a "good game" where the scores of two teams are close, for example 50/50 or 52/48, it's not difficult at all for even the worst score player on either team to get a KDA ration of 2:1, if he gets 5/15/25 as the final score. But that about the KDA of feeders?, probably less than 1:1, some times as low as 0.5:1.

The whole point of my post is, get NOOBs out of the way of people who can play well. My last two matches are : the opponent has an afk twitch, we won, but again, an awful game. The second match, Sona and Panth fed bot, kept charging into their Rammus and Graves. 10/0/2 was Graves score at 15 minutes. Now, this is freaking stupid, indeed, for a ranked match.
Yea I understand your frustration, one of my best ranked games as singed had my entire team except of lux with positive scores, we brought them down to their final inner turrets and lost at the last crucial teamfight in mid. This is because this troll lux was building attack damage and lifesteal in a ranked game....I've also had games where I SO WANTED to risk being banned for leaving,but then my ranking would drop and I'd be indanger of being banned for nothing. It's all because our sona decided to up and quit at the climax of the game.

This being said, the developers will never penalize people this harshly in solo ranked because it's solo for a reason. If you're in a premade match, chances are you'd have to piss your teammates off pretty badly to make them just blatantly troll. So when you take up solo queue, regardless of how fair or how much sense it makes; you have to pick up the slack for your teamates. Instead of being able to count on that random fiddle's silence and fear, you have to jump in as a squishy ashe before he'd feel comfortable enough to ult in 4 seconds too late.

Mostly on the scoring in Summoner's rift, the whole thing about being a support and an assassin is not measurable. There are games when the tank can go 1/5 or 5/1, but he never changed his playstyle. So a soraka actually stealing kills is not so hard to conceive.This said, scoring based on your champion's most specific role is difficult. It's like saying: Why don't they have better cpu bots who can take the place of afk teammates?

The answer is it's difficult to program a computer to gauge people's skill levels and make a bot who can make multiple decisions on the fly. Discerning the difference between needing to farm and needing to fight would be hard for any developer to program into a bot. By that same token, making a scoring system based on player actions would be hard. I mean, in dominion the scoring is based on dying on your turret or casting a support spell on your teammate. The developers haven't made scoring where ashe would be points for slowing her enemies clump with a volley or a yorick who masterfully sets his ultimate on his carry. Their scoring is blatant and broad; you hit someone before they die; you get an assist. If you do 90% of the damage, but soraka lands the killing blow, she gets the kill and you get the assist. It's unfair,but it's how the computer registers information.

Hope that made sense lol

icandividebyzero

11-02-2011

Stupid. It's a team game. Thus solo que is meant to be imbalanced. Play a lot, duo que, get good and you'll eventually raise your ELO.

Deathzwei

11-02-2011

@Reply to Fluffyknowsyou@

Hell, so you're saying that the old system of judging ELO ratings by win/loss is better? A feeder get carried by the rest of the team deserve to get the ratings up? Or a hardworking player get pulled down by the rest of the team feeding deserve to get his ratings down?

People should be rated by how they do their stuffs, and again, KDA ratio, not kills/deaths ratio, is what i'm suggesting.

Also, that's just the outline for a change. The specific ratio, numbers, constants and so on, will be decided by RIOTS, they have all the statistics they need. And we don't really need a bot here..., score can tell a lot about a player's performance, when compared to his team and the opponent team. How do you judge a player without playing with him? Scores!!!

Kansei

11-02-2011

1) This game is not about kills it is about farm. Claiming a 10/3/3 karthus means nothing if he is not also 100 minions above because he is also 10/3/3

2) Mejai's is a trap on everyone period. Unless you can literally go like 15/0 with it, there is never a reason to buy it since you die once and you "carry" gets ruined.

3) If ELO is based off of kills in any way, low elo will get worse BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL JUST KS EACHOTHER. It is already bad enough when I am the only one on my team doing damage only to have my teammates wait and burst down my target right as he is about to die. If no one does the damage then you can't win, this is opposite incentive to gaining/receiving ELO. A much better way would be gold earned or damage dealt/taken then kills

Deathzwei

11-03-2011

Nah, it's KDA, kills/deaths/assists, not just kills, pal. It represents how good you are in teamfights, ganks and so on... That has always been LOL's ideals, actions and decisions in a game.

Also, I always wish I could gank and carry effectively at the same time. Few champs can do such thing. Either they are good at ganking or carrying. Unless you're super fed and farmed, oh well...

Deathzwei

11-03-2011

Guys, please let RIOTS know they need to change the solo system.

Eviant

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by em3kiz View Post
Totally agree. It seems there are at least 1-2 players who have really no idea how the game is played at higher levels who suddenly start to join SR games. People who do not understand how to counter pick will just pick who they want play regardless if you already have a role that is filled. One thing i will never understand is people deciding who they are going to play before the banns/picks even start. They should be punished but i guess you cant punish stupidity.

I only hope they manage to lose more games than me, which is more difficult than is sounds since they will be put on my team consistently.

I think they should have stricter requirements for joining ranked ques i.e. Owning more heroes, having more regular wins, having multiple tier 3 rune pages.
They decide who the are going to be so that their team doesn't ban them, and so that they can plan some form of strategy, which can be used to help play the bans in your favor. one example is not banning Amumu, who some people would absolutely swear that you ban. Then your opponents waste a ban on them. Or being the second to ban, and they ban singed. So you decide that one of you guys can play Amumu, another can play Morg, and the guy banning has both. Then you ban two others, and make them choose which one they don't want to face. There is strategy in the draft picks and bans. Learn it and use it.