Regarding the WCG Qualifiers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GetSomeLovin

10-31-2011

I like how in no way you addressed the issue of misleading information but only stated that.... well that you have no information.... lol eh whatever, patience is a must I guess.

xoewokox

10-31-2011

scumbag jatt + matt

5pak

10-31-2011

So Riot, when can we expect you to go from "admitting something was a little off" to "fixing the problem"?

"Soon."

NPCDoran

10-31-2011

poor communication would imply that there were rules set in stone
still no mention of JATT BLATANTLY CHEATING

get off your knees cause you blew it

Rhyick

10-31-2011

Aside from the whole sets, games, matches, etc. situation, what about Jatt being able to play for two countries?

In the rules it clearly states that

Quote:
2) In case a player has multiple citizenships and/or has recently obtained citizenship, he/she may not represent more than one country at the WCG Grand Final. Choice of country is locked once he/she has participated in any of the official WCG competition in a certain country. This decision cannot be overturned until next year’s competitions.
and

Quote:
4) If any infractions regarding the above rules are found, the offending player will be immediately disqualified and may be banned from future WCG tournaments
This means that Jatt's country decision is LOCKED the moment he played competitively for Canada, and it cannot be changed simply by "disqualification" after Jatt's Canadian team has lost. Moreover, Jatt, with his locked country already being Canada, should be IMMEDIATELY disqualified when attempting to play for the US.

What does Riot/WCG have to say about this?

LupusAlbus

10-31-2011

I'm certainly no expert on the highly competitive scene, but if I'm not mistaken:

Jatt tried to qualify for Canada, failed.

Then he joined an American team, and won.

However, given that he already tried for Canada, he cannot try for America.

Therefore, he cannot be allowed to continue, and thus should be disqualified.

Am I missing something here? I mean, I have skimmed the forums, read that gamersradar article, and it seems fairly easy to solve: Disqualify Jatt's team for using an ineligible player.

As far as the seeding goes, I have no idea how the hell that works.

Tarantoga

10-31-2011

you fkned up and cant admit it...

littleblackchild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

100 plus pages of wcg messed up inc

Qualm

10-31-2011

You better be ****ing trolling

RainCast

10-31-2011

This is the same thing you said on State of the League. We're only taking the words YOU stated on that show. Honestly, you put yourself in this situation and there's no other way around it besides you/wcg clearly changed the rules for this qualifier.