Regarding WCG and matches leading to the event in Korea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dhat Link

10-31-2011

My letter to WCG in regards to the situation:

I am a League of Legends player and fan of both the CDE and Dignitas teams that were in competition for a spot in the upcoming event in Korea. I have been following both teams as they were preparing for the match. As stated by your rules: a player must play for one country or another and may not play for both. I state this in regards to DIGNITAS player Jatt. He is both a Canadian citizen and a US citizen. He played for a Canadian team and that team was eliminated from the competition. He then participated on a team for the US against CDE (Chicks Dig ELO). I have followed both of these teams and all of the matches leading up to this event in question. I am not in favor of one team or another. I am a fan/player of a game and when an event is held I as a follower expect for the governing bodies of a tournament to act professional and fairly. The second issue I have is with the decisions that were made by outside voices to this dispute. Matt Marcou did in fact go in front of the League of Legends community via live stream and voice the "intent" of the rules as he and others in the WCG/RIOT administration saw fit. As the overall event coordinator, WCG seemed to have looked the other way when some players of the team in question (CDE and DIGNITAS alike) brought up issues with the rules. For players of DIGNITAS, the rules were overlooked in regards to the playing qualifications of players who have already represented a team from one nation and was defeated, only to compete on another team not of the same nation and be allowed to compete. For the players of CDE, when the rules were called into question, WCG and other parties involved turned a deaf ear and went before the community in an attempt to explain their actions.

As I have stated before, I am not a sole fan of either team. I am a player who enjoys playing this game (and yes, above all it is still just a game) and most of all I am a player who enjoys competition. Having competed myself in cyber tournaments among others, I expect for the governing bodies of tournaments to not only enforce the rules as they are written but to also act professional in a time of dispute. This incident is not only a poor representation of what future players can expect from (in this case) WCG events, it also is a disconcerting gesture by both WCG and RIOT to handle this properly. In the interest of gaming, sportsmanship, competition and professionalism, I ask you to take a hard look at what WCG has done in this community and realize that actions speak louder than words.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coulombe

10-31-2011

This forum is not WCG's inbox.