[Team Strat] Global Team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZGBudai

09-26-2009

Global Team!

Champion Selection:

Soraka
Gangplank
Twisted Fate
Karthus
Ashe
( Preferably, but any other Carry works too )

Explanation on Selections:

Soraka - The Global Anti-Gank and Ashe / Karthus / Twisted Fate Babysitter. With her global heal she can easily save someone from an attempted gank and her infuse spell keeps either the carry or our heaviest caster to keep harassing in a lane.

Gangplank - The Global All-Around Assist and Damage Dealer. His global helps with almost anything, ganks, anti-ganks, team fights, and lane control. His other spells make up for great team buffs and incredibly damage from Paarrly.

Twisted Fate - The Global Slow-and-Team Up and Variety Champion. Being able to disable, deal damage, teleport anywhere, and reveal every champion as well as slowing them down is an incredibly useful asset to the team. He is a jack-of-all-trades that can be placed anywhere and still become useful.

Karthus - The Global Nuke and Heavy Spellcaster. Mostly used for finishing off or starting a gank, his global nuke is necessary for dealing a large amount of damage from anywhere on the map. Along with a couple of damaging spells and forms of lane control, he's great at any part of the game, whether it be early game, mid game, or late game.

Ashe / Carry - The Global Snipe and Important Carry. A skilled ashe along with vision from Twisted Fate's slow might be able to pull off a Karthus-and-Shot last hit kill, I've seen it done before. Ashe and any other carry acts as your trump card once late game comes around, especially with the amount of support and anti-gank spells, the carry should be pretty hefty in items by now.

Recommended Summoner Skills:

Soraka - Heal / Teleport
Gangplank - Flash / Rally
Twisted Fate - Flash / Promote
Karthus - Teleport / Fortify
Ashe / Carry - Flash / Teleport ( or Exhaust )

Soraka teleports around and keep everyone alive with her summoner skills
Gangplank helps push, his flash allows him to deal heavy damage and plant rally afterwards
Twisted Fate initiates the first push along with harassing anyone in his lane so he could act as semi-carry
Karthus acts as an anti-push with fortify, he can put up wall and fortify to hit everyone who went through it.
Ashe has the common summoner skills to maximize his carrying potential.

Recommended Items:
IMPORTANT: NOT an Item build, just something you should have
specific to this strategy

Soraka - Aegis
Gangplank - Infinity Edge ASAP
Twisted Fate - Regular Build
Karthus - Ignore early mana regeneration if laning with Soraka / Heavy AP Build
Ashe / Carry - Regular Build + Starks

In-General:

Starks and Aegis for team aura, Infinity so he can deal starting damage, and karthus ignores mana regeneration since he doesn't need it if he was laning with soraka.

Quote:
!TL;DR VERSION!

Team:

Soraka
Gangplank
Twisted Fate
Karthus
Ashe / Carry

They all have globals, use them to save a teammate or kill an opponent. The team consists of a support, initiator, carry, and semi-disable. Requires moderate map awareness.
Thanks for reading and if anyone tries this out too, please be sure to take a screenshot of the final scores and tell me how it went .

ZGBudai

09-28-2009

No comments at all? No Flaws?

Gerjay

09-28-2009

I understand where the concept is, but you need to discuss how your strategy is going to work when ults/globals are on CD and you're left with 4 decent heroes (and soraka...) that lack synergy and bulkiness.

I just don't see how this team can win a team fight after 1-2 ults are on CD. A balanced team with some bulk behind it is going to be serious trouble for this team, and unfortunately I think the metagame is about bulk so your team will be disadvantaged vs. the majority of teams.

Can you tell us what you see happening in a team battle? Especially if Gangplanks ult is on CD... and Ashe isn't decked enough yet to deal with a mid-game dual-tank team with even the slightest bit of disable?

Nerdz

Adjudicator

09-29-2009

well in my opinion, Alistar or Sion or Amumu, are the three tanks you ABSOLUTELY need in any team setup, either of those should I say. Ashe is a great Carry so is Gangplank, and so is Tristana ( which nobody uses anymore ).

IMO a great team setup is

Amumu/Sion/Alistar
Gangplank/Master Yi
Ryze/Annie
Ashe/Tristana
Morganna

All these work extremely well together with good synergie, altho keep in mind morgana is a 99.9% chance of ban, so you should replace her by either a good healer or another tank/lane pusher, if you wanna be more agressive.

davemaister

09-29-2009

problem with being "global" is that most fights will occur with 10 people right next to each other not random 1v1 with 4 assist kills i would rather have massive aoe teams instead like

Nunu/Amumu/Anivia/Katarina/Ganplank

Sivir can also replace ganplank

Bookston

09-29-2009

With such a small map and easy map mobility, a global strategy isn't really that effective even when just played against a cookie cutter build. It doesn't really do much in response to pushes and doesn't really fit the metagame. The build may do well just by virtue of its decent characters, but not because the concept behind it.

h4rdcor3

09-29-2009

Good theory, but you have no Tank which I find is very much needed in any build. I like having Teric because he can fill both the role of a tank and support. Put a mana manipulator on him and you have both your health and mana from one person. His ult works great in team battles or hard tower pushes.

ZGBudai

09-29-2009

I understand that you guys say that this strategy needs a tank but what exactly does a tank do?

It could be any champion with a large amount of life but in what ways will it force people to attack it?

Also I understand that this strategy is heavily based on their ultimates, but all of these heroes are also very solid in their role of either ganker, carry, or pusher.

Vindico Atrum

09-29-2009

Tanks survive. They create chaos in the fights. When mummy pops his ult and you see the big circle you panic, you can't get away. The 120 fire dmg/sec from his sunfires is ticking away, the 3.5% health/sec is ticking away, you're being hit by twitch and you just panic.

Chaos creators win fights, its why Ravage is so good in DotA.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2009

Definitely need an Alistar or Amumu to tank + disable.