Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

CLG & Dignitas Controversy Spreading to Social Media

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regards

10-31-2011

Quote:
ChaoticHeavens:
Just a question, but how can you congratulate someone on going to Korea one day. Then challenge them for more games later without looking questionable. Not to say that it isn't WCG's fault, but why even bring up the issue if you have already accepted defeat.

Obviously, Dignitas did not want to accept defeat, which leads to some questionable actions and why some people view them as "scumbags"

If you found out that it was supposed to be something other than it was would you challenge it? It's just as easy to believe that someone brought it up to Dig and they questioned it(after the original game), as it is that Dig complained their way into another set. It was confusing, bottom line, and that lies on WCG shoulders. This whole thing is depressing because it's all accusations on assumptions, and no one knows the 100% truth.

Edit: When it comes to something like this, don't just blindly downvote. Please participate in the discussion or reserve your up/down votes

Malbolgiea

10-31-2011

Hi

Forumtroll

10-31-2011

Quote:
Regards:
If you found out that it was supposed to be something other than it was would you challenge it? It's just as easy to believe that someone brought it up to Dig and they questioned it(after the original game), as it is that Dig complained their way into another set. It was confusing, bottom line, and that lies on WCG shoulders. This whole thing is depressing because it's all accusations on assumptions, and no one knows the 100% truth.

Edit: When it comes to something like this, don't just blindly downvote. Please participate in the discussion or reserve your up/down votes

Hi I'm participating in this discussion. Everyone involved in this reeks of filth. If Dignitas didn't instigate this nothing would have happened. But it's not just their fault. It's Marcou's fault and Rosenblatt's fault for being unable to interpret rules correctly.

I downvoted you.

Kirby Killa

10-31-2011

Riot, you done goofed this time. You done goofed too hard.

andytkrv

10-31-2011

free regibro

Baconmonster723

10-31-2011

Quote:
Regards:

No you absolutely challenge it. But the fact of the matter is this. The game never should have been played. That or Jatt shouldn't have played. That is the one single indisputable fact. All evidence points to a VERY favorable ruling towards Jatt being an eligible player after their own rules state is ineligible. Their explanation is laughable at best. One favorable ruling is a coincidence, two favorable rulings (in the same tournament) is a pattern. It is absolutely as much on Dignitas as it is on WCG. Both are at fault. Dignitas for playing an ineligible player and WCG for just being general screw heads.

I agree with you on the level that when it comes to your livelihood you make sure that the rules are what they are. I don't fault them for that. I fault them for blatantly breaking the rules, and WCG for blatantly allowing it. The simple fact of the matter is this, if this tournament was in any big name sport, American Football, Football, Rugby, whatever. It would be the biggest story out there right now. Also, this tournament would essentially be blacklisted.

TL;DR
Yes, WCG deserves the lion's share of the blame, you can't fault Dig for questioning rules, but they still deserve blame. The rules were present, Jatt broke them, WCG facilitated that. Everything after that deserves to be questioned, and we have as much right to question it as Dig did to question for another set.

IS132c4ea7ea8290302ec62

10-31-2011

Bump dont stop the presses

Regards

10-31-2011

Quote:
Baconmonster723:
No you absolutely challenge it. But the fact of the matter is this. The game never should have been played. That or Jatt shouldn't have played. That is the one single indisputable fact. All evidence points to a VERY favorable ruling towards Jatt being an eligible player after their own rules state is ineligible. Their explanation is laughable at best. One favorable ruling is a coincidence, two favorable rulings (in the same tournament) is a pattern. It is absolutely as much on Dignitas as it is on WCG. Both are at fault. Dignitas for playing an ineligible player and WCG for just being general screw heads.

I agree with you on the level that when it comes to your livelihood you make sure that the rules are what they are. I don't fault them for that. I fault them for blatantly breaking the rules, and WCG for blatantly allowing it. The simple fact of the matter is this, if this tournament was in any big name sport, American Football, Football, Rugby, whatever. It would be the biggest story out there right now. Also, this tournament would essentially be blacklisted.

TL;DR
Yes, WCG deserves the lion's share of the blame, you can't fault Dig for questioning rules, but they still deserve blame. The rules were present, Jatt broke them, WCG facilitated that. Everything after that deserves to be questioned, and we have as much right to question it as Dig did to question for another set.

I said in my original post that Jatt shouldn't have played and I agree with that. I guess in my mind you can't say something like "You can't fault Dig for questioning the rules" and then say they deserve blame. It seems like a contridition.

xenrail

10-31-2011

jatts h0mo

Dekasav

10-31-2011

Quote:
Regards:
I said in my original post that Jatt shouldn't have played and I agree with that. I guess in my mind you can't say something like "You can't fault Dig for questioning the rules" and then say they deserve blame. It seems like a contridition.

He's not faulting them for questioning rules, he's faulting them for playing Jatt.