[QUESTION] Jungle Warwick in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

t0m

03-14-2011

Typically, in Normal Mode, I tend to always get Madred's Bloodrazor first (along with just about every other WW player in the game), soon after followed by Black Cleaver.

In Ranked, I've been tending to get Wriggle's Lantern instead of the Bloodrazor, and actually never pick up the Bloodrazor because I don't want to buy 2 Madred's Razors, since they won't both work anyway.

Is this a bad strategy? I realize how important MB is to your ultimate (and damage output in general) but Cleaver offers a pretty similar boost to your ultimate, and those handy Wards from Wriggle's keep our team on top of the neutral buffs etc.

Interested in outside opinions, if any.

Thanks

Suuperdad

03-14-2011

Building for your ultimate is really only useful in midgame. I see a lot of high ELO streams completely skip the R item builds (bloodrazor, black cleaver, wits end, etc) and just go straight tankwick.

If you make a wriggles, your next item should be something like a warmogs, and you build for endgame.

Bloodrazor warwicks really start sucking around level 16 when other dps starts getting tankier.

MaxPower2009

03-14-2011

Wriggles should be the only damage item you get, mainly because it's cheap and effective, saves you lots of gold so you can get that Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel that much earlier

BlackRampage

03-14-2011

Madred's upgrade your R, but it also gives you auto attacking capabilities late game depending on your team's source of damage (physical, magical). Or like mentioned, you can skip straight to tank items and play entirely off of your skill set.

Booterang

03-14-2011

Madreds razor is just such a effective item on Warwick that many players do not consider other builds for him. Razor is a midgame build however, you need to build based on what your team needs. I find Wit's end to be an incredibly effective alternative for warwick due to his high attack speed. You jump on a character with mana reliance, like ashe or rammus, and watch that mana bar hit 0. It also makes warwick tankier and its a cheap item.

Crustededge

03-12-2012

In ranked with WW i tend to go more dps oriented.

Razors - merc treads - wits end - madreds - Visage - AA or frozen heart or Force of nature depending on the team im fighting.

I jungle him and with this build my ganks are basically 100% landed. My last two games ive played I went 11-3-14 and the one before that was 15-3-19. WW makes a good tank but he is also a nasty assassin. Dont try and initiate though unless you have AA.