How to play ezreal :(?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dazion

Junior Member

02-21-2012

Hey guys, im pretty new to LoL. I usually play AB casters (ryze, malz, annie, aniviva) and recently just purchased ezreal. I have no idea how to play him (AD), i have trouble with anyone 1v1 and always die . I am pretty decent with skill shots, however i can never seem to do enough damage. I read guides on mobafire for item buids but even still i seem to suck haha.

If anyone can give me tips or info on how to play Ezreal that doesn't have a end score of 2-6, 1-8 etc, would be hugely appreciated !


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zestorum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-21-2012

Your first mistake was looking up guides.

But, you want to stay back and use your Q's range as an advantage. When the opponents are low, E, Q then autoattack them.

Remember, Ezreal isn't an AP Carry. He's AD, stay back - sustain damage is what you do, not massive nukes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst Draven KR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-21-2012

I would have to disagree with Zestorum. Ezreal is viable both AP and AD. I play him both, and if you build him AP he has stupid good early game. Remember to use Q a lot wether AP or AD because it reduces the cooldowns on all of his abilitys.

A lot of Ezreal players who play him AD focus too much on Q. Late game his Q spell is only really used on targets out of range, and by increasing his attack speed. If he is AD you need to remember to auto attack too while getting his passive to proc with his spells.

-theZackie


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Ezreal is only good AD, any AP build is a gimmick. He has some of the highest single target damage output of a ranged carry, with the most mobility as well. AP is a silly gimmick that puts you in melee with no escapes and all of your burst spent.

Bad players won't right click with him, and that's where his damage comes from. You right click and Q constantly, and mind positioning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bidorr the Great

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-21-2012

I've played ez since he was new, and back then he was way better as an ap carry. Now, he's technically still able to play an ap role, but it's not nearly as viable as his AD game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackdeath17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-21-2012

a quick mindset :

you are an AD carry and a damage dealer , your job is to get kills and CS because ez is really farm dependent and needs items, always try to keep distance , if u can , never go into melee renge , always remember than u have a broken blink and probably flash so positioning shouldn't be a problem . try to secure kills , after all u are the carry ( this dont mean u need to ks , use your ult to secure runners , etc.).
your ult is on a low CD use it often .
try to only fire a skill if u have a clear shot .
the normal skill order is R-Q-E-W . some people dont take w till lvl 13 , i take 1 point at lvl 4 and max it last .


hope it helped


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiiom

Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Ezreal is only good AD, any AP build is a gimmick. He has some of the highest single target damage output of a ranged carry, with the most mobility as well. AP is a silly gimmick that puts you in melee with no escapes and all of your burst spent.

Bad players won't right click with him, and that's where his damage comes from. You right click and Q constantly, and mind positioning.
Pretty much /thread. Build a Last Whisper and Q+right click to victory.

On the mobility subject, keep in mind his E can blink over terrain that is much thicker than the actual range of the ability.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OptimisticC

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
AP is a silly gimmick that puts you in melee with no escapes and all of your burst spent.
Pleeeaaaase, play AP Ezreal before making asinine comments like this.

On topic, though, autoattack. Seems like you're just focusing on spell usage, given your AP caster playstyle. Autoattack a lot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bidorr the Great

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimisticC View Post
Pleeeaaaase, play AP Ezreal before making asinine comments like this.

On topic, though, autoattack. Seems like you're just focusing on spell usage, given your AP caster playstyle. Autoattack a lot.
I have played AP ezreal, like I said. I played it back when that was the only way to play ezreal, and I've both played and seen Ez done both ways. I have to say his AD game is FAR superior to his late game. I think the last time I saw an AP ez do well was when his W still had a healing effect on teammates. Nowadays, since his q scales 100% AD (a ridiculous amount for any carry, especially with that long of a range) and ONLY scales AD, since the range on his w is frustratingly short and does little damage, his E is better used as a dive or escape spell rather than a reliable source of damage, and his ult benefits more from AD than it does AP, I would say that while he is capable of playing as an AP, his AD game is still more viable, especially in ranked games.

The main issue is, the only reliable ability of his that scales AP is his w, which even with tons of magic pen & AP does a pitiful amount of damage compared to other AP mid champs. Otherwise you have his ult that is impossible to spam, and his e, which is targeted, but not by choice. In the heat of a fight, it's hard to keep constant track of whether your e will hit a champion or minion, and even then, its output is not worth trying. So basically you can stack tons of AP to only have one reliable source of significant damage in the form of a skillshot with a huge cooldown, vs your q which has a crazy low cooldown and costs some ridiculously low amount of mana, like 50 at all levels.

Also, you say what about auto attacks, but auto attacks don't benefit from AP. How can you play a champ as an AP caster, but focus on auto attacks? The only champ that I can think of is Teemo, and MAYBE kassadin. If you play that way, where you focus on auto attacks, then it is IMPERATIVE, if not absolutely required, that you run AD as opposed to AP. When you run AD, the only ability you should be spamming is Q, and maybe w in teamfights or when trying to take down towers or baron. Sorry, I thought that was obvious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OptimisticC

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidorr the Great View Post
I have played AP ezreal, like I said. I played it back when that was the only way to play ezreal, and I've both played and seen Ez done both ways. I have to say his AD game is FAR superior to his late game. I think the last time I saw an AP ez do well was when his W still had a healing effect on teammates. Nowadays, since his q scales 100% AD (a ridiculous amount for any carry, especially with that long of a range) and ONLY scales AD, since the range on his w is frustratingly short and does little damage, his E is better used as a dive or escape spell rather than a reliable source of damage, and his ult benefits more from AD than it does AP, I would say that while he is capable of playing as an AP, his AD game is still more viable, especially in ranked games.

The main issue is, the only reliable ability of his that scales AP is his w, which even with tons of magic pen & AP does a pitiful amount of damage compared to other AP mid champs. Otherwise you have his ult that is impossible to spam, and his e, which is targeted, but not by choice. In the heat of a fight, it's hard to keep constant track of whether your e will hit a champion or minion, and even then, its output is not worth trying. So basically you can stack tons of AP to only have one reliable source of significant damage in the form of a skillshot with a huge cooldown, vs your q which has a crazy low cooldown and costs some ridiculously low amount of mana, like 50 at all levels.

Also, you say what about auto attacks, but auto attacks don't benefit from AP. How can you play a champ as an AP caster, but focus on auto attacks? The only champ that I can think of is Teemo, and MAYBE kassadin. If you play that way, where you focus on auto attacks, then it is IMPERATIVE, if not absolutely required, that you run AD as opposed to AP. When you run AD, the only ability you should be spamming is Q, and maybe w in teamfights or when trying to take down towers or baron. Sorry, I thought that was obvious.
What the hell? It wasn't directed at you... And everything you said (which is too long for me to read) is debatable and whatnot, but my post was about that other guy basically calling AP Ezreal a melee dude. Which is totally not true, since he pokes better than AD Ezreal.

Edit - Read post, surprised at you arguing like I made a full length post myself.

"Also, you say what about auto attacks, but auto attacks don't benefit from AP."

o.o Chill out, bro.

Edit 2 - If you want a real AD vs. AP debate, lemme know. I'm not gonna start one right now because this is clearly a misunderstanding. But that isn't to say I'm not inclined to debate. Plus I'm bored.


12345 ... 7