What actually happened.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crème

10-30-2011

Since apparently WCG/Riot can't run this ****. Dignitas should have forfeited or just played it out but let CDE go to Korea. I want a way for the community to take action because this is really a big **** up and I feel that the majority of the community is annoyed with this as well. It just wasn't in spirit of competition for Dignitas to go along with this, ****

Korzik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2011

Quote:
To eliminate them from the tournament based on only the loss of one match in a double elimination bracket would go against the logic of a double elimination tournament.
Does have a point.

cleavage cake

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korzik View Post
Does have a point.
but they already lost in the winner's side of bracket... derp.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2011

Quote:
Does have a point.
And yet its never been run that way at any other event. The team from the winner's bracket is given a 1 game edge in a best of 3 match to compensate for not having lost. CDE played by those rules and 2-0 them to earn their spot.

GG Dignitas, I was pretty happy to see a new player in the big tourney scene, but you make it hard to root for when you see blatant cheating. Even if you don't agree with anything else, it pretty clearly says you can only play for one country and can't change until the following year.

MrSharpe

10-30-2011

Scumbag Jatt, fire Matt.

Visper

10-30-2011

http://leaguecraft.com/blog/a-statement-about-voyboy-and-the-wcg-debacle-32.xhtml

Voyboys side of the whole thing where he admits he is a scumbag. Admits he is a scumbag and that CDE should go to Korea but, doesn't concede them the games that shouldn't take place.

Real Okc

10-30-2011

Quote:
Does have a point.
The way the rules were understood it was a Bo3 GAMEs, not sets. Dignitas went into the series with a one GAME advantage, CDE won game 1 and game 2. Dig had an advantage the way it was played just the same as if it were sets instead of games.

Mr BL0NDE

10-30-2011

enjoy the karma regi u fat little dwarf

Mintberrycruncch

10-30-2011

So it appears that everyone everywhere was lying.

Regibro, how do i know that you are not lying?

FlyingKiwi

10-30-2011

After going through all the info... (the best of 3 ruling, jatts dq, the suspiciously long pauses during the deciding game of the deciding match and the stuck up of course we won attitude of the dignitas team twitter) I kind of think that all of this shady might have been caused by dignitas sponsors paying certain admins off to make those ridiculously biased rulings... srsly go look at the dignitas team twitter... even if the players are all good guys... which is automatically voided cuz jatt is a scumbag... their sponsors seem like stuck up ***s http://twitter.com/#!/TeamDignitas check this B.S. out... look at these tweets... so asinine... I particularly like the ones where they think they know the WCG rules but clearly don't....

@ClintGorbett Well if you were clever you would see the rules were set a long time ago but obviously your not and your contempt of FIFA well
@ClintGorbett WCG allow him to play so ,,
@ClintGorbett You mean following the official rules? Sorry I thought that was what we are supposed to do!
@swordwraith Well again it is best of three so the upper bracket winners only need to win once the lower twice, we dont see a problem
@swordwraith ESL? its WCG and to be honest WCG Rules are set in stone dont blame us