"ELO Slums", in need of system tweak

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bjornick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Currently 1286, (will more then likely go down today) and just confused about this ranking system. Everyone starts out at 1300 if im not mistaken, and there in lies the problem. When i go to join a game and someone says im new or just hit 30, it usually doesn't phase me as long as they know the basics of this game, but when someone joins and says they are going AP Tristana, or AD Ryze that i have a problem with. People say that "elo hell" doesn't exist but it does. I play every role well and play every game with the mindset of wining and willing to except defeat, but when people come in and troll, there is nothing i can do about that. Which is why ALL solo/duo que for ranked should start at 0 and work you way up the ladder. Obviously the higher the number you are the higher the ranked you would be. This or something like it would be the best system, because all the people that don't want to play ranked for real or people that are just there to piss you off, would no longer have any effect on this dapper ranking system. TYVM for ur time

Vayne Plox

11-23-2011

As far as I'm aware people start at 1200- 1250+ is top 25% of players etc etc.

m4ge

11-23-2011

I agree with you Lick it might be a good idea to start everyone from the bottom, that way Elo Hell doesn't represent a Bell Curve graph.

xiXPenguinXix

11-23-2011

I think the ladder system would be a great way to set it up as well. Thing is...they would have to start everyone back at the bottom due to the completely new ranking. I feel like that would be more work than Riot would want to do, as well as piss a lot of the higher ranked people off. Cheers to Elo Hell

Survivor of Hath

Recruiter

11-24-2011

It would create a near dead end system. People who are terrible/trolling would start at 0 rank and stay there, meaning newcomers who deserve higher have no chance of gaining rank without a large amount of luck.

the fruit bat

11-25-2011

But should they start that high? No..

CosmoVibe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

lmao this thread

Brokenmirror

11-26-2011

I shouldn't be forced to play with someone whos in the 800s and will never get above 1000 going AD annie. That's why we don't start at 0.

HoBoSyrian

11-26-2011

Yea got some good points in there, if you all start at 0, eventually all the trolls will be stuck at the bottom and newcomers will hardly ever make it any higher, but of course every system has a flaw, but I guess with this system, the trolls will go down, while players will go up.

Tavald

11-26-2011

You start at 1200, not 1300.
ELO sistem of ranking was not created by riot, it was created by a chess player for his game.
ELO points are created when a player enter the game, from there it is only took from a player and given to another.

If we supose Riot uses the same way to calculate points that are used in chess, the start at x is needed simply because if you have 0 and win agains someone who have 0, you get +0.

To make it start at 0, we would need to create points at every game.
It would simply start to see how much you play, not your skill.
Have already been tested on chess, don't work.

But if you find a solution, better than Elo rating, sugest it.