Crashing a forum

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goatmasta

10-30-2011

I know this doesn't belong in gd, but off topic is moving way to slowly and I kind of want to know the answer now. Well my class has a forum, and we made threads as homework. I noticed that every time you visit a page it is a view not a limit of counting 1 view per member so I got bored and gave my thread 500 views and now the website isn't available. I tried using my phone's 3g and another computer and it was still unavailable. Did I crash it?

EwwANoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2011

Now try to crash this one. Get ready to F5 for the next few years.

CoolDude55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2011

You're not a god **** bandwidth cannon. You didn't bring it down.

Goatmasta

10-30-2011

Come on I'm serious bro

Goatmasta

10-30-2011

bump

Renlen

10-30-2011

no

Goatmasta

10-30-2011

Am I going to get a serious answer I just don't know much about technical things.

Wyko

Adjudicator

10-30-2011

Goat, you didn't crash it. The bandwidth-intensive graphics on the forum page was mostly cached on your computer, and each time you reloaded the page it only had to download a little bit of data from the server. There's no feasible way your activities could have brought down the website.

Don't worry

Goatmasta

10-30-2011

Thanks, I was just kinda freaked because my school can get us into legal trouble for things like that