Moving to Jacksonville, FL in January...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dirty Foot

10-30-2011

I've heard horror stories about the internet there. Anyone live near/in Jax and willing to offer their opinions and suggestions on service? Am I limited to only Comcast? Their speeds look decent, but I can't trust a single internet company in the world, because they all offer speed "up to" a certain amount.

They can offer me speeds up to 200mbs, but if I'm only getting 700kbs most of the time, I'd rather go elsewhere--if possible. I have Cox right now, and I'm generally happy with their "up to 15mbs", which is generally around 5mbs while gaming.

Diddle Me Then

10-30-2011

The internet really isn't bad at all.. Lol... Plus the City's pretty **** nice. I'm in Tallahassee (2 hours away) but my friend's going to Law School in Jacksonville.. His internet is fine.

Dirty Foot

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBangBang View Post
The internet really isn't bad at all.. Lol... Plus the City's pretty **** nice. I'm in Tallahassee (2 hours away) but my friend's going to Law School in Jacksonville.. His internet is fine.
I'm looking forward to living there, it'll be nice to be near the beach again (I'm in Gainesville), as I grew up in West Palm.

Dirty Foot

10-30-2011

Bump for any other opinions.

Chicago

10-30-2011

i moved to jacksonville fl as well from chicago i can help you out tho if you like i can give you a comcast number nd **** give you some deals