Good computer for around 500 - 600 dollars

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdventHawk7

10-30-2011

Go to newegg.com you can find some good deals there on gaming computers and there are definitely a lot that are really good for under 400$.

Who Is Legend

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Love View Post
Cyber Cafe worker here.

As has been said in this thread, building your own is the way to go, the premade PC's you can get in stores just don't compare, and you'll get a better computer while saving money.

First I'd recommend checking this site out;

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-ii-overclock-graphics-card,3032.html

This is a basic build minus monitor that should easily get you started, it's all the neccessities without anything too fancy (if you wanted to go all out and add anything from more RAM to LED's, that'll run you up)

Buy all of your parts from Newegg, the monitor can be your choosing, I'm personally using a monitor with a 1920x1200 resolution

and lastly try to get a copy of windows 7 from a buddy, and you should be good to go!

EDIT: Depending on the monitor you choose and any addons you might want, this should run you around $600-$700 dollars, if you reuse an old monitor you can easily go $500
I like how he puts what res he plays at. Very helpful.

Digital Love

Recruiter

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmz View Post
You didn't get this from me but uhmm *cough*piracy*cough*
that it is, just make sure the man doesn't catch you

I carry Alex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-30-2011

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/939645-Computer-Setup-of-the-Month-Blue-Posts-MMO-Report?highlight=Computers+-+Setup+of+the+Month

Dolphin can run league on max.

TheTewks

10-30-2011

I have a custom made pc e8400 wolfdale liquid cooled, EVGA9800GTX, EVGA780i motherboard, 4gigs of ram, pci wireless N. ect

Edit: Id sell mine for around 300 =)

Blade

10-30-2011

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc

Myrkr Lokidottir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2011

I got an Asus computer for $400 from Best Buy.

It only starts out with 4GB RAM, 2.8 ghz, and 1 TB hard drive... but it's upgradable to 16 GB RAM and 4 TB hard drive.

Right now, I get 30 FPS on the normal-level settings. If I upgraded the RAM ($30 for a 4GB RAM stick) it would move far more quickly. If you filled up the computer with RAM ($120), it'd cost a total of $520 + tax... but still within your range.

Surakai

10-30-2011

custom made PC, you could get one for that much and play LoL no problem at max settings and do other stuff at the same time, however, if you want to play games like WoW or Aion at max settings, you'll need more like $900+. WoW would run on the 500-600 no problem on average settings, poorly coded games with with extremely advanced graphics like Aion, not really going to work out.

all you really need is a decent dual core AMD for around $60-70 (that is, going the cheapest I can) will work very well for LoL. that is what I currently have, and it's fast for its price. though, mine is like 4 years old, so mine is alittle worse than the ones offered now. I plan on upgrading everything soon though for heavier software.

as for graphic cards, use hwcompare.com I have a geforce 9600 gt which is pretty ****ty, but for LoL, i can play at max settings with it... the card just completely failed Aion when i played that for 2 months, not to mention so did my CPU. so use the geforce 9600 as a comparison, and if the one you choose is better than it or just as good, you'll have no problem with LoL, and WoW will be decent, or atleast, it was 4 years ago.

just make sure you buy the right motherboard that'll properly hook up to everything. right now the biggest issue is that AMD and Intel have different sockets for each other. it's not too hard to figure out once u get into it. just don't randomly buy ****.

edit: I average at 60 FPS and don't have that big of an issue with it dropping like some people have, although, it appears to be happening to everyone at certain moments. doesn't really both me though.

Heroic Leonidas

10-30-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TicfmjEXXu0&feature=feedu

watch this video,It SPECIFICALLY tells you what to buy and descriptions on what it is.This is under 5 bills.This custom is made to run WOW on FULL with fraps and all the other programs.So for sure this can run loL
Good luck on your hunt! x)

Igneus Nex

10-30-2011

Serious Answer:

For 500ish dollars, you probably won't be able to get everything that you stated you want. You will most likely be looking at 800 dollars, especially if you need to buy a monitor as well.

However, here are your best bets:

-Build it yourself. Buy parts from newegg.com and tigerdirect.com

-Have it custom made. You can get great computers at places like this:
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/