Good computer for around 500 - 600 dollars

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Swarm of Hobos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2011

I need a good computer for around 500$ and I want to play LoL on Max settings getting good fps. I also want to be able to use skype and the internet while running LoL.

ActuallyMellow

10-30-2011

GoodLuck

(Advice: Get it custom made)

YOUR FAMlLY

10-30-2011

Go to tigerdirect.com/ newegg.com. You'll have to buy most pieces separately and put it together but you will be able to run most games on max settings. Read the reviews and look at benchmarks, they should let you know what you're getting. You'll be able to get it for around 500$ guaranteed.

Rocky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elit3Fire View Post
Go to tigerdirect.com/ newegg.com. You'll have to buy most pieces separately and put it together but you will be able to run most games on max settings. Read the reviews and look at benchmarks, they should let you know what you're getting.
best thing to do

Oriental Teabag

10-30-2011

I wanna buy the White House for 25 bucks. Can anyone help?

Nar0th

10-30-2011

do you want a premade computer or do you want to build it yourself?
also, does this include the monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. or is it just the tower?

Who Is Legend

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfAZN Ownage View Post
I wanna buy the White House for 25 bucks. Can anyone help?
why when you can get it for free? just make sure you have a heartbeat so you can win the presidency.

A Swarm of Hobos

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nar0th View Post
do you want a premade computer or do you want to build it yourself?
also, does this include the monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. or is it just the tower?
Totally forgot about the monitor. Ok well nvm on that. Probably 400$ computer. I atleast want to play on decent settings on LoL and be able to use internet while playing. Right now I get 15 fps on lowest settings sooooo I really want a new computer.

Digital Love

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckley183 View Post
I need a good computer for around 500$ and I want to play LoL on Max settings getting good fps. I also want to be able to use skype and the internet while running LoL.
Cyber Cafe worker here.

As has been said in this thread, building your own is the way to go, the premade PC's you can get in stores just don't compare, and you'll get a better computer while saving money.

First I'd recommend checking this site out;

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-ii-overclock-graphics-card,3032.html

This is a basic build minus monitor that should easily get you started, it's all the neccessities without anything too fancy (if you wanted to go all out and add anything from more RAM to LED's, that'll run you up)

Buy all of your parts from Newegg, the monitor can be your choosing, I'm personally using a monitor with a 1920x1200 resolution

and lastly try to get a copy of windows 7 from a buddy, and you should be good to go!

EDIT: Depending on the monitor you choose and any addons you might want, this should run you around $600-$700 dollars, if you reuse an old monitor you can easily go $500

IamGrimm

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Love View Post
Cyber Cafe worker here.

As has been said in this thread, building your own is the way to go, the premade PC's you can get in stores just don't compare, and you'll get a better computer while saving money.

First I'd recommend checking this site out;

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-ii-overclock-graphics-card,3032.html

This is a basic build minus monitor that should easily get you started, it's all the neccessities without anything too fancy (if you wanted to go all out and add anything from more RAM to LED's, that'll run you up)

Buy all of your parts from Newegg, the monitor can be your choosing, I'm personally using a monitor with a 1920x1200 resolution

and lastly try to get a copy of windows 7 from a buddy, and you should be good to go!

EDIT: Depending on the monitor you choose and any addons you might want, this should run you around $600-$700 dollars, if you reuse an old monitor you can easily go $500

You didn't get this from me but uhmm *cough*piracy*cough*