Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I launched my own website...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jack Poe

10-29-2011

So, my whole life I've wanted to have my own website. I wanted to learn HTML/CSS, php, Java, perl. Everything.

Then I discovered programming. I want to go to college for a Master's in Computer Engineering, but I'm far too poor for that (for now, I don't qualify for FAFSA as I'm not an independent.)

Quick backstory, a few months ago I was engaged and was going to move north and go to school (because being married would make me an independent student and I could get FAFSA.) I resigned from my job and trained my replacement. I got an apartment and job ready. I was set. I boxed up all my stuff and got ready for the move.

On the morning of the move, my fiance left me. She took almost all of my stuff and a lot of my money; I couldn't afford to move. So I no longer had a job and I had already been replaced at my previous one. I had no stuff, no money. The little money I did have went to bills the next month and then maxed my credit card paying bills after that.

I've been looking for work the whole time. Not just looking occasionally; I applied everywhere. Weekly. I live in a village of 2,000 people. The economy may have rebounded on a large scale, but around here we're all still broke and jobless.

I can't find work. To top it all off, this morning my car was stolen. I called the cops and my car was recovered, but they impounded it because my plates are expired (stupid, I know, but I was / am broke).

So now I have no car, no job, and nearly no shot.

A few days ago, with my last 20 bucks I bought a domain and I got a month of hosting from Godaddy.com. A website was something I had always wanted and something told me the idea wasn't completely retarded.

My site is very corny. A corny name. Corny art. It's basically a "just for fun" site for my friends and I. Until I realized the Adsense ads I put on the site (to see if I could) had generated about 35 dollars a day.

That's when it hit me. I could have my own website and use it to pay my bills until I found work. Or even better, have it become my job. I have NEVER written HTML before. I have NEVER used CSS before.

My website is http://www.theMurder.us and this is the fruits of a week's worth of self education in HTML / CSS. I have one bit of php and that's in the contact page.

So basically, I'm here on the off topic forum asking LoL what I should do with my website. How do I ***** this thing enough to get my bills paid? I already ***** it throughout my friends (who seem to enjoy me being livid and posting it) and the one LoL Video I have up they find quite entertaining.

Help me out?

Thanks,

Jack

http://www.themurder.us
jack@themurder.us

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twister1245

10-30-2011

good luck