Help with cassiopeia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tygramynta

11-05-2011

I was wonder if any could give tips or tricks for cass on SR? I dont see her played much and wanna get better as her

Dorsia

11-06-2011

just play as many games as you can with her, see what works for you and what doesnt, but generally i run basic caster runes/masteries. magic pen red, yellows can be armor or mana/5, blues can be cdr or mr/lvl. quints hp is fine.

if i have a solo lane mid ill go mana crystal + 2 hp pots and then catalyst-> rod of ages, then boots of sorcery or merc treads, after which ryalis or hat. q at level 1 then max e, getting 1 point in w at 4. hit with q then punish them with e while you have the speed buff.

if you are something like 2v1 top just max w first and farm the minions, taking e when u can to try and get some harass in for your jungler to gank and clean up.

tl;dr use recommended items, get good at hitting champs with q then e.

HickstyleZ

11-06-2011

shes bomb she has a team stun.

she doesnt realy need CDR runes.

So i usualy run her with 3 movement quints all red and blue magic pen and I use attackspeed yellow.

just get what any good casting hero needs.

RABADONS DEATHCAP MEJAI SORCERERS BOOTS, then u can get rylai or w/e else

max out E first then Q then R and W remember every single time you land a Q it makes u run faster and u have enough time to cast 2 E's so Q E E Q E E Q E E is ur combo basically.

MattyCash

11-06-2011

Shes my fav to play. The hardest thing to get used to is landing Q and not wasting her ulti, since if enemy champs aren't facing you, it's basically a waste. Harass with her, it's her specialty, QEEQEEQEE, you can also use ignite as a SS to add yet another dot to her arsenal.

Silverbel

11-07-2011

ok, here's how to step into a good game with Cass.

Q is a decent nuke but the delay means it can be step-dodged. To prevent a step dodge, use one of the following approaches: Hide in the brush, the enemy won't dodge what they don't expect. Flinch back and forth in front of the enemy, trying to get them to feint away. Lead your enemy where you can. Use liberally in situations when another champ is distracting the enemy. Q can brush check - if you get a speed boost, the enemy was hit.

W is a VERY cost-efficient skill if your opponent is stuck in it for any length of time. Do some things to get the most out of it: Drop it near a turret where the minions cross, to damage all the minions and get some tick damage on the enemy champ. Drop it behind a weaker champ to put them between a rock and a hard place. Put it in front of an aggressive champ to discourage their offense. Put it in brush if you suspect an enemy, it gives vision. Throw it on brush an enemy is running toward to mire them in a tricky situation.

E is an excellent DPS skill when combined with other poison. Make sure you are well ahead before you move in to spam E. Avoid using on unpoisoned enemies unless their HP is very low. Remember you MUST be closer than for other skills. It is a good assault on an enemy bearing down on you.

R is the sort of move you need practice to use excellently. Be mindful of its range - the best moment to use it is when a whole team is about to get caught in it; it makes a splendid teamfight initiator.

If you level:
Q FIRST - your hit and run game will be excellent resulting in solid harassment offense.
W FIRST - your zone pressure and farm will be great as well as your mana efficiency, making a solid pusher/defender character.
E FIRST - your DPS will be maximized making for an excellent DPS caster.
NO R - there's no benefit to skipping your ultimate. It works great with ALL your skills and in EVERY situation. Always take it.

Always remember to stack your poisons. You can have both Q and W on an enemy.

tygramynta

11-07-2011

Thanks for the help guys