[Suggestion] Surrender Times

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Takiah

10-27-2011

Hi there,

I couldn't find a suggestions page for the game itself...

I can't help but feel that 20 minutes is too long to surrender if you have 1+ players DC early game or upon loading and do not return.

My suggestion is to implement a disconnection timer in game that monitors how long a player is offline for. Example; once a player(s) DC's a timer counts down/up from 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes is up, the team should receive an option along the lines of "Your team is currently unbalanced - Would you like to surrender now?".

Like anything there will be pro's and con's for a feature like this however I feel the pro's definitely out weight the con's.

What are your thoughts Riot + Gamers?

Thanks for reading!

-Tak xx

Sir Swears

10-27-2011

I like the idea.

zStatix

10-27-2011

Yup I agree. Having to wait a full 20minutes playing 4v5 isn't fun (on either team)

Toxify

10-27-2011

Would have to agree with a feature like or similar to that.

Adding to this, you could also include something on the lines of an early surrender if the team kills are like 15+ apart, as again it becomes a more of an afk game until 20min

Takiah

10-27-2011

Interesting idea Toxify89 however I feel this would over complicate things a tad.

Nightyb

10-27-2011

+1 Takiah's idea

ctdrgn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

Good idea. Would definately help out with earlygame ragers/abusers too.

Zarazspadam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

I'm bumping the topic cause Takiah asked me to.

PS. The idea is nice.

forcemblem

10-28-2011

I have to agree. I had to play a game with 3 leavers and wasn't even justified with a loss forgiven.

I stayed because I didn't think the leavers deserve to not gain leavers. I also thought it was good game ethics to stay and finish the game.

What's worse is that the other team was being offensive and using verbal harassment in an unfair game.

I know Riot is working on a lot of other projects for their game. But they really fix some mechanic and put their hero creation on hiatus for a bit. I know it's nice and everyone like it. I just think more of the game play and user satisfactory level should be a bit greater. It's nice that they're are now setting up a spectator mode after ~2 years.

Takiah

10-28-2011

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback. Ive noticed many players are reading this and not commenting - even if your thoughts arent supporting the suggestion, everyones feedback is wanted.

The more of you willing to comment, the more likely Riot will respond!