Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Benefits of Beta Testers Having All Unlocked Content

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sivarro

10-29-2011

Dear RIOT and fellow summoners,

I believe that, instead of giving each beta tester some RP and IP, Riot should allow PBE testers to have access to all champions, runes, and rune pages (skins optional cuz they don't really affect game). I believe this because it will be very convenient for players to test the champions that are being tweaked in the beta patch. Also, runes and rune pages are very desirable in that they let you not only play a champion effectively, but allowing players to experiment with rune combinations could lead to the discovery of an issue or an exploit. Also, as a side note, having all unlocked content may draw more testers in.

TL;DR: All unlocked champs and runes would make testing be easier and more appealing

Jakob

10-29-2011

but then all beta testers would not play the regular games on the same level as regular users, they'd always test in advance to see who/what they want to buy. beta-testing is something you do voluntarily, not something that's supposed to give you perks.

Cupcake

10-29-2011

If we got everything unlocked we can't test out the shop.

YurdleTheTurtle

10-29-2011

They already explained countless times why they went with this.

They want to encourage 'regular' behaviour, and also want players to make regular use of the store to find bugs. By unlocking all content right off the bat, there would not be any need to check out the store once in a while. We can say "Oh yeah, I'd test out the store even if there was nothing to buy", but that kind of won't work because it's not mirroring the main stuff.

Remember, PBE is a testing platform.

VVrecked

10-29-2011

hard to encourage regular behavior when you can't purchase rp, and well... its been over a week and still no stipends... so what do we do now?

Beddlam

10-29-2011

I forgot that I didn't have runes on this account and blew all my IP on champs. Now instead of regular behavior I have to play gimped every game

Mykolas

10-30-2011

Quote:
If we got everything unlocked we can't test out the shop.

Yes, Riot has used this excuse.

I counter with "Then just give us lots of IP, or award a good deal more in-game."

You can't test out the shop every patch if you've got absolutely nothing to spend.

Tweek Tweakk

10-30-2011

The point at the moment is to test spec mode. So champs arent necessary.