Psychology.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twister1245

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2011

Your brain is in a vat in Texas right now. it is connected to computers that give signals to and from the brain giving it "experiences" including breathing, reading this forum, having arms and legs and typing. everyone you know is a computer simulation from the most advanced computer ever.

prove me wrong.

edit: thumb down? O.o what for

Haricots

10-29-2011

http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/where_am_i.html
Daniel C. Dennett is awesome.

IS1281a2aa64f651d96c2ca

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister1245 View Post
prove me wrong.
Why?

Agafaba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister1245 View Post
Your brain is in a vat in Texas right now. it is connected to computers that give signals to and from the brain giving it "experiences" including breathing, reading this forum, having arms and legs and typing. everyone you know is a computer simulation from the most advanced computer ever.

prove me wrong.
Of course your wrong, you are just a figment of my imagination. Even if what you claim is correct, then it would be me who was right not you, as you dont exist.

Twister1245

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agafaba View Post
Of course your wrong, you are just a figment of my imagination. Even if what you claim is correct, then it would be me who was right not you, as you dont exist.
why am i a figment of your imagionation? how do you know that your not a figment of mine? i could have thought up the idea of a voice, or in this case fingers, on the other side of the world giving me a message and me seeing a phenomenon that is your response to my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTRAN 77 View Post
Why?
Why not?

Mythrilshotgun

10-29-2011

My question is, who made the vats? How come my image of myself is roughly similar to the imagery of all humanity? If I did not know eating too much made me fat, would I then be able to eat anything I desire and stay skinny? If the world is a simulation based on our minds, and likewise, our images of ourselves, why do cause and effect remain as staples of what we hold to be truth?

Corbin0rtiz

10-29-2011

I am drunk

Twister1245

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythrilshotgun View Post
My question is, who made the vats? How come my image of myself is roughly similar to the imagery of all humanity? If I did not know eating too much made me fat, would I then be able to eat anything I desire and stay skinny? If the world is a simulation based on our minds, and likewise, our images of ourselves, why do cause and effect remain as staples of what we hold to be truth?
God. Or scientists for those of non-religous beliefs. why would your image be otherwise? your image is created and then routed into your brain, like everyone elses. your "eating" or sending information to the machine your brains hooked up to, therefore the machine translates that as "gain weight" and you will get extra pounds. the world is created with the machine, and your brain effects what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, you also control how you move but nothing else, you can't alter the image without using your body, and you cannot ignore the laws the program is based on. because the machine your body is hooked up to has had this causal reality program'd into it, so all lives under these universal laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1utterSheye View Post
I am drunk
are you drunk?
or is a machine reading imput that you have consum'd alcholic beverages, and therefor transmitting slightly hazed information in return to the brain?