[Suggestion] Consumables should not take up space.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mjollnir

09-26-2009

I understand the reasons for having a limit to items in general, but why consumables? I don't know why I should not be able to buy an oracle elixir at the end of the game and even it there, much less use items like wards late game. Just seems... silly.

They should have their own special slot, a pull out menu maybe?

Wana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2009

Considering how little impact Consumables actually have on the game, yes, a second "potion inventory" is viable. At least for the time being since there are no active items.

You forgot consumable hotkeys.

Stamos

09-26-2009

53rd post like this.

and no, learn to balance consumables and items and you'll be fine.

Tanis

09-26-2009

why cant we drop items?? O.o

Patyrn

09-30-2009

Quote:
53rd post like this.

and no, learn to balance consumables and items and you'll be fine.
There's no "balance" late game when all your slots are full, people just sell boots, consume potion, buy boots back. This is not a good gameplay mechanic.

Kuri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2009

Each item is supposed to have a consistent worth which is why items take up inventory aside from gold, consumable (especially stealth elixirs) are meant to have a cost despite their effects. Given items are basically a part of this too. Managing inventory isn't hard.

Fahrlar

10-01-2009

why not some "stock room" or something where you could store one or two items... so you can switch your equipment and not loosing any just because you need an elixir... and champs will have 6 items in any given time anyway...

yuke

10-04-2009

i second the storeroom notion

notbrid

10-06-2009

Some consumables like oracle's elixir shouldn't even take up a spot in the inventory, IMO. Not all consumables are like this, but regarding oracle's, it should just be a buff that you pay for. No need for it to be in your inventory ever because it lasts for your entire life.