Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New Champion Approaches: Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WÂrMachine

06-21-2010

Oooo this one looks like a good one!

DrWilyStage

06-21-2010

sounds interesting

Tidfall

Recruiter

06-21-2010

I think i am going to like this guy and he will change the game dynamics.

Grikshanks

06-21-2010

Om nom nom

holistic

Recruiter

06-21-2010

me likes, looks like it's gonna have wild dps

Kylista

Recruiter

06-21-2010

Sounds fun.

tehgamedude

06-21-2010

pikachu skin here i come.

The Last Remnant

06-21-2010

Aww I was looking forward to him having a vacuum ability where he pulls in enemy champions into his mouth.

wildfire393

06-21-2010

Seems good besides the passive, which basically seems like a worse version of Karthus's, and will likely be equally reviled - it does nothing when you don't die. I guess it could make him an interesting initiator if the damage is high enough, and it's interesting to see if it triggers off of false deaths (GA, Zilean ult).

Q+E could make him a decent ranged carry, and depending on his AP ratios he could be an alright mage. However, odds are he'll just be good as a hybrid, since it seems that every other new champion is these days.

Super Zman

06-21-2010

While I am excited to see this guy in action, and he seems to have some great abilities, I am a bit surprised at the lack of some sort of feast/consume skill. I understand the need to differentiate champions, and giving a feast to Kog'Maw would draw undeniable comparisons to Cho'Gath. His abilities, however, don't seem to back up the lore behind him. A whole little background story is told about how a beast appears that devours everything in his path, yet, is unable to utilize this feat when in combat? Seems like he should get something along those lines.

Z.