A New Champion Approaches: Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

W¬rMachine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

Oooo this one looks like a good one!

DrWilyStage

06-21-2010

sounds interesting

Tidfall

Recruiter

06-21-2010

I think i am going to like this guy and he will change the game dynamics.

Grikshanks

06-21-2010

Om nom nom

holistic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

me likes, looks like it's gonna have wild dps

Kylista

06-21-2010

Sounds fun.

tehgamedude

06-21-2010

pikachu skin here i come.

The Last Remnant

06-21-2010

Aww I was looking forward to him having a vacuum ability where he pulls in enemy champions into his mouth.

wildfire393

06-21-2010

Seems good besides the passive, which basically seems like a worse version of Karthus's, and will likely be equally reviled - it does nothing when you don't die. I guess it could make him an interesting initiator if the damage is high enough, and it's interesting to see if it triggers off of false deaths (GA, Zilean ult).

Q+E could make him a decent ranged carry, and depending on his AP ratios he could be an alright mage. However, odds are he'll just be good as a hybrid, since it seems that every other new champion is these days.

Super Zman

06-21-2010

While I am excited to see this guy in action, and he seems to have some great abilities, I am a bit surprised at the lack of some sort of feast/consume skill. I understand the need to differentiate champions, and giving a feast to Kog'Maw would draw undeniable comparisons to Cho'Gath. His abilities, however, don't seem to back up the lore behind him. A whole little background story is told about how a beast appears that devours everything in his path, yet, is unable to utilize this feat when in combat? Seems like he should get something along those lines.

Z.