Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[game] flash disjoint

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jdown

10-29-2011

Quote:
embl3m:
this is actually a very common problem I find with Yi. Typically what happens is if you're about to lose vision of the target on Yi and you begin the alpha strike, and they flash further into the fog of war, they essentially pop your alpha strike with flash. This can happen with out even using flash, sometimes Yi's alphastrike just doesn't follow through if you select them as they're going through the fog of wa at the same time (this could be a channeling issue? I'm really not sure). This happens on the live(real? non-test?) server too.

this is due to the most recent changes made to flash a while ago. it shouldnt disjoint anything anymore. all animations are stretched the full distance after the flash of the intended target. i.e. taric/sion stuns, nunu snow ball, alpha strike, etc. sometimes it bugs out and still manages to disjoints them i guess.

Boxxes

10-29-2011

Honestly, I've found myself abusing this bug often. Saving flashes for when I'm low health when going up against Yi, so when he alpha strikes me to dive me on my turret, I can just flash back, not take damage, and he'll end up in the turret. I honestly don't think this is really a bad thing. How else are you going to counter a move like that? Specially against an AP Yi, I've seen it do just as much as a Nidale spear.

Turtlerocket

10-30-2011

Quote:
Zaeinn:
Honestly, I've found myself abusing this bug often. Saving flashes for when I'm low health when going up against Yi, so when he alpha strikes me to dive me on my turret, I can just flash back, not take damage, and he'll end up in the turret. I honestly don't think this is really a bad thing. How else are you going to counter a move like that? Specially against an AP Yi, I've seen it do just as much as a Nidale spear.

The problem with Flash popping Yi's Alpha AND making him end up next to you is that Flash stopped popping targeted projectiles once they were already in motion.
Yi's Alpha counts as a targeted projectile, and yet Flash pops it. It's not fair to Yi when Flash doesn't pop Cait's ult, Sion's stun, etc. etc.