Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[game] flash disjoint

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jdown

10-28-2011

while in spectator mode i noticed a caitlin flash disjointed yi's alpha strike mid cast animation.

Acetaminophen

Business Analyst

10-28-2011

Hi Jdown,

What do you mean exactly by disjoint? Did Yi stop in place, was damage dealt to Caitlyn?

Rectifier

10-28-2011

I've also seen a bug where Yi disappears completely for what seems the entire CD of his alpha strike so like 8+ seconds, then the damage hits, and he reappears. Not sure why it happened and I doubt I could easily reproduce it.

jdown

10-28-2011

yi casts alpha strike. cait flashes. half way through the alpha strike animation before reaching his intended target, yi returns to his point of origin. cait escapes unscathed.

this used to be more or less an issue pre-flash 'fix' a while ago. now it doesnt disjoint anything anymore as im aware. hence, the reason i reported it as a bug.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

10-28-2011

happens for a lot of effects, its currently live on main server too.

Tryndamere: Mocking Shout a player just as they flash/dash skill outta the max range of the effect. It uses the cooldown and neither one of the debuffs (-ad debuff or the chicken movespeed debuff effects the player). His shout is only activate-able if a player is in range of the effect too. Never used to happen this way btw.

jdown

10-28-2011

by all means i dont disapprove of this bug. dont take this the wrong way, but imo the ability to accurately disjoint an ability if ur fast enough to do it is just one of the things that makes a game like HoN much more skill based than LoL who child proofs everything. im not playing favorites or driving a band wagon for pro S2 or Riot. i simply enjoy both games and compare them as equals in a genre. there are some things i wish HoN would implement from LoL and very much more so vice versa.

anyways...

neurolite

10-29-2011

Happens with kennen's w on live too, can cast it if a single target is marked at the edge of range and if they're moving away from him it tends to cast but have no effect, but still triggers the cd

TechnMage

10-29-2011

Quote:
jdown:
by all means i dont disapprove of this bug. dont take this the wrong way, but imo the ability to accurately disjoint an ability if ur fast enough to do it is just one of the things that makes a game like HoN much more skill based than LoL who child proofs everything. im not playing favorites or driving a band wagon for pro S2 or Riot. i simply enjoy both games and compare them as equals in a genre. there are some things i wish HoN would implement from LoL and very much more so vice versa.

anyways...

considering how long alpha strike takes to proc damage i would disagree with it being skillful, atleast in this applicatiob

WelcomeToTarget

10-29-2011

OP means flash popped Alpha Strike.

embl3m

10-29-2011

Quote:
Acetaminophen:
Hi Jdown,

What do you mean exactly by disjoint? Did Yi stop in place, was damage dealt to Caitlyn?

this is actually a very common problem I find with Yi. Typically what happens is if you're about to lose vision of the target on Yi and you begin the alpha strike, and they flash further into the fog of war, they essentially pop your alpha strike with flash. This can happen with out even using flash, sometimes Yi's alphastrike just doesn't follow through if you select them as they're going through the fog of wa at the same time (this could be a channeling issue? I'm really not sure). This happens on the live(real? non-test?) server too.