[Guide] Soraka by Puregoldenboy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

puregoldenboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuketsuki View Post
shubomber, do remember that in addition to doran's ring and locket, you also have infuse and masteries, I really typically don't have mana problems with soraka ever, and I don't even get locket most of the time. Just make sure to use every other infuse on yourself unless your phys carry(ies) are at half mana or lower.

I'm also confused, why you don't suggest starfall first for a side lane, level 1 Soraka has some of the best dps in the game with starfall, not to mention you can see if it's castable near brush so you don't actually have to enter it if you think enemies are in there.
In high Elo play you don't really see opposing heroes in bottom lane waiting in your grass hoping you are silly enough to walk in kind of deal. By using starfall to last, I will cause the creep wave to push and expose myself to possible ganks from river by the jungler when he has lizard and golem buff. Astral blessing is just safer. But, yes you do point out a great use for starfall in that it can detect opposing heroes in grass, stealth units nearby and wards by casting it.

puregoldenboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
1 of the best Soraka's..... except he plays with jiji premade, so -1 (just kidding) great guide.
Psh one of the best? =).

puregoldenboy

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhuge View Post
Can you give some insight on running Heal/Clarity?

It's not in your summoner spell section and a few of your livestream videos have you using it.

I'm thinking it frees up Infuse for Silence at critical moments and acts much faster than Locket+Infuse. It also seems dependent on your team's need for mana (someone needing 1000s like Heimer).
Yeah I ran heal/clarity a few times due to the nature of the hero comp. Push comp's depend on maintaining mana and health in order to keep getting forward. So a comp of like soraka, ashe,janna,heimer, jungler is really mana intensive. Of course this strategy banks on my ability to farm effectively AND safely up top, heimer's ability to push lanes with his turrets, and ashe/janna's synergy with shield plus volley plus auto attack. This was a really annoying strategy before red pot was nerfed a bit.

Z320fate

06-21-2010

I may have to try Locket again. I know when I used to rush it, I generally found I had difficulties keeping my team alive without some AP to give my heals some more straight oomph. Granted, this could be cause I didn't have a full AP rune page and I was a lot less experienced. Currently my core build is Soul Shroud, Mejai's, and boots, with item choices from there generally being auras depending on team makeup (Aegis for general, Stark's for physical heavy, Abyssal or Will of the Ancients for mage heavy). Unfortunately a bit team dependent, but overall I've had reasonable success with it.

Also, I hope your comment about only using Infuse on an opponent for ganks isn't totally true. A well-timed silence can save your team's life.

FOX AFifthCyborg

06-21-2010

This has probably been said already, but rally doesn't heal. May want to correct that.

puregoldenboy

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z320fate View Post
I may have to try Locket again. I know when I used to rush it, I generally found I had difficulties keeping my team alive without some AP to give my heals some more straight oomph. Granted, this could be cause I didn't have a full AP rune page and I was a lot less experienced. Currently my core build is Soul Shroud, Mejai's, and boots, with item choices from there generally being auras depending on team makeup (Aegis for general, Stark's for physical heavy, Abyssal or Will of the Ancients for mage heavy). Unfortunately a bit team dependent, but overall I've had reasonable success with it.

Also, I hope your comment about only using Infuse on an opponent for ganks isn't totally true. A well-timed silence can save your team's life.
I was talking about the laning phase. And of course it goes without saying that I use infuse to silence opponents when we are on the run for example or to interrupt specific ultimates like Nunu, Katarina, Shen. Interrupting Shen is very important. Some are too noob and ult outside of brush making them easy targets to silence. More importantly I try to target my silences on heroes that like to spell burst. Annies and Morde, who needs to do spell damage to stay alive, come to mind off the top of my head. I have had alot of situations where an Alistar, Shen or Ashe will initiate followed by Annie trying to come in to bust a tibbers stun ult. Positioning yourself in a perpendicular or lateral fashion to your teammates and the opposing team can give yourself a great position to infuse Annie before she can unload her spells ruining the opposing team burst. It's important to have an internal clock for other abilities' cooldown times.

puregoldenboy

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofWolves View Post
This has probably been said already, but rally doesn't heal. May want to correct that.
Yeah, I was talking about a few patches ago. Otherwise I would still be using rally =).

Myoushu

06-25-2010

The latest patch also changed innervating locket to not affect minions.

Nice guide, I've been building soul shroud on soraka but I'll have to give locket another try.

puregoldenboy

06-25-2010

Yeah this build has been taking minor nerfs for the past 3-4 patches but it is still ideal.

Hielo Blatt

06-30-2010

@Puregoldenboy - What are your thoughts on locket now that Riot halved the benefit to allies, along with the other changes such as no healing on minions? Is it still viable and should be rushed? If not, will you be moving onto rushing soul shroud or is stacking AP the best option?

I've been rushing the soul shroud for the mp5 and CDR but I haven't tested focusing on AP first.