Dominion Major changes in the works: info inside!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mukman

10-28-2011

My concern is that Dominion caters to a wider audience spread. I have some friends that just can't grapple last hitting or pushing/not overextending. These guys still have a lot of fun in dominion but shy away from SR like the plague.

So the competitive side of me says these changes are awesome.

The other side hopes the accessibility doesn't get taken away.

Minrad

10-28-2011

I enjoyed being able to carry games through good play and good point defenses where I can overcome superior odds with certain heroes (Ryze, Skarner, Kassadin to name a few) late game to turn around early games where my team can't win an even matchup. I'll be really disappointed if this gets taken away in favor of "rifting" Dominion gameplay.

Also, "supercarries" are hardly a problem as long as you itemize to avoid them. I never see people build MR and the extent of armor items tends to be a single Thornmail on a hero with no HP. You don't go 0-10 on Kayle or Vayne and then suddenly become good again late game; if you fall that far behind in Dominion you'll constantly get killed before you can set up anything.

lbgsloan

10-28-2011

My thread: Hey guys, I think they should remove the comeback mechanisms from Dominion as they hurt the overall game experience and punish skill. I think there should be more gold per kill as well as the early winning player/team seems to get no advantages right now. *downvotes*

Morello: Hey guys, we want to remove the comeback mechanisms from Dominion as they hurt the overall game experience and punish skill. We think there should be more gold per kill as well as the early winning player/team seems to get no advantages right now. *upvotes*

*rolls eyes*

Tenant

Friend of Urf

10-28-2011

Please be VERY careful with these changes, Morello, as I personally feel that what we have now is actually very balanced.

A thread I made that details more specifically my present opinion for Dominion:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=16481917#post16481917

frumper

10-28-2011

Thanks Riot, keep up the good work. Dominion feels pretty balanced, I have faith in you guys to keep improving it over time!

Ansen

10-28-2011

Glad you're willing to keep working on improving the game mode!

Morello, I wish you guys would also take a look at revising Twisted Treeline. There's a small but dedicated group of players in the TT forum that have some great ideas to fix the map and increase it's popularity, but unfortunately the forum and the map itself seem to be pretty neglected.

Eorlas

10-28-2011

1) Awesome! Glad to here it's being worked on.

2) Any ETA? Like a few patches from now or a few months from now?

3) Can this be stickied and be a site for further updates edited to the OP?

Bobby

10-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsvoski View Post
I like the constant close games in dominion! If anything, you should make SR more like dominion, not the other way around. The snowball effect is not 'fun', it makes the losing team feel hopeless and it gives the winning team no challenge. How is this what your aiming for?
They're aiming to make the better team win. If you don't think the team that played the best during the match should win, you've got some problems with your brain.

They have to get rid of these artificial comeback mechanics. If you are losing, you shouldn't be picked up, put ahead of the winners and patted on the back for losing.

Lunar Havoc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-28-2011

So, essentially you're reworking it so that carries can carry in Dominion and removing/decreasing the bonuses to losing teams? Combined these changes seem like they're going to make dominion matches much more one sided.

lieronet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

Have you considered adding some small fury gain to the Dominion passive for Ren? It's extremely difficult for the poor boy to build fury on that map, and that is kind of his deal