Dominion Major changes in the works: info inside!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stez007

10-28-2011

Has the team considered that some champions are only 'balanced' in Dominion *because* of the certainty of lategame? Certain champions require lategame builds to have any success at all in Dominion; removing the certainty of lategame kills the viability of these champions on the Crystal Scar.

Will there be anything done to compensate these champions?

Genyosha

10-28-2011

I'm kind of wary about some of this. Most of the appeal of Dominion for me is the fact that you can comeback. Whereas, in SR it's nigh impossible to recover from a bad streak. If you manage to get organized mid game in Dominion, you actually have a shot at winning so people don't give up like they do in SR. Your ability to be useful to your team does become null and void because you screwed up one too many times is the other thing. I can relax and actually have fun with it. If I screw up, I'm not going to be able to go on a killing rampage, but there are still plenty of useful things I can do. I don't think Dominion is perfect by any means. I just don't want to see it become another farm fest. It's a nice change of pace to be able to hop into a Dominion game every now and then and be able to just skip the laning phase and start doing stuff. I like SR for what it is, and I don't want to see Dominion get turned into another copy of that because a select few can't see beyond that game type. The clear differences between Dominion and SR are what make me enjoy it. I feel like some of These changes may drive it to just be another SR and relatively ignored like TT. All in all, I'm curious to see where you guys go with it. I think it has the potential to so something different and be a completely unique and fun experience.

Wolowizard

10-28-2011

Increase the XP for Dominion, I want to get level 30 before the ranked ladder comes out and I don't want to play Summoners Rift!!!!!

FDru

10-28-2011

Cool, let's re-enable Mejai's and Occult blades while we're at it. Cause snowballing into an unbeatable state is so much fun, especially for the losing team.

Let's lower surrender time to 10 minutes also, since you want games to be decided in the first few fights.

Then we can have a complete steamroll and early surrenders in every single game, just like Summoner's Rift!

GENERAL NUTBAKED

10-28-2011

maybe i will pick it up again if these changes are good, I pretty much quit dominion when so many 300 point leads turned into defeats with almost nothing I could do to help change the pace. That, and the entire game felt like a 20 minute derpfest rather than something that involved deep strategy that changed over the course of a game (SR)

FDru

10-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
maybe i will pick it up again if these changes are good, I pretty much quit dominion when so many 300 point leads turned into defeats with almost nothing I could do to help change the pace. That, and the entire game felt like a 20 minute derpfest rather than something that involved deep strategy that changed over the course of a game (SR)
Grats on your 16 wins.

Go start a smurf account and tell me how deep your strategy is on SR in the murky depths of noob elo. Because that's all you ever got to experience in Dominion.

Ragnar Draconus

10-28-2011

" * Comeback mechanics remove interesting team-level decision-making."

Thank god. Been saying this since day one.

CrimsonV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

good thing

Chicken Wings OP

10-28-2011

Dear Morello, I really do like Dominion, and I like the way these changes sound. I will say, though, that some of my most memorable games have occurred on the old 3v3 map TT Any chance that map will get some love and attention?

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

Hopefully they will look at champions that are underpowered as well as looking at the ones who are 'too strong'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello
* Comeback mechanics remove interesting team-level decision-making.
Agree - I have seen too many games where teams come back and win from being 200 or even 300 points down. I have been on both sides of that like I assume most players have....... and frankly I have to say the comeback mechanics are too pronounced. I do not advocate completely removing them but I believe that they should be toned down some.