Dominion Major changes in the works: info inside!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MonsterMasher

10-28-2011

hey while you guys are at it, look at bush mechanics. i was trolling an irelia and a talon for about 2 mins straight non stop between 2 bushes on rammus. They couldnt hit me at all and i just soaked up not ony his attention but that of other enemy units because they had to come kill me.

This can also be done with any hero at all as long as you can effectively move from one bush to the next. you can even see which bushes im talkin about, they are just north of the two bot turrets where they are fairly close together. This really is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Mightyal

10-28-2011

Yes! This is what I've been talking about the last couple of threads. Seeing the changes that I thought wouldn't get changed so soon. You guys rock.

Elealar

10-28-2011

Seems this is aimed at the lowest common denominator. That said, I like the premise; we'll see where this goes. Really hoping Global gold won't get nerfed too hard tho; not having to farm is really liberating for some champs and it's fun to get endgame builds in some of the longest games. If the game were just easier to end early, "endgame carries" wouldn't be a problem (not that I think they are one as it stands).

I repeat my suggestion that basing the death timers off the number of controlled points rather than the score difference would be more interesting. This'd make 5-point camping a "deep push" and restore balance and allow people to retain their gains after the situation is resolved without realistic chances of Riot's feared 5-point hold.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmileyy View Post
not exactly my words but I do agree, it sounds like they are just summoners rifting dominion, I was enjoying the lack of shutout games, the "I am badazz" people were ditched in favor of (usual) teamwork

There are still plenty of moments in dominion when I feel like I shine, and if anything they are more special since they dont happen as often. If one person can be awesomer than the rest then we fall into "X gets Y so he ha s more money, you sit on your ass and buy auras" mentality will return.

Isn't dominion supposed to be different from SR to attract the people who weren't satisfied with that?
Yeah, with Dominion they actually brought something new to the genre and created a map that is really dependent on coordinated teamwork and skill ( yeah there's a lot of bad play and aimless running around still, but it's been what ? a few weeks ?) but the ranked stars who have not been able to adapt to true teamwork don't like it, so they're trying to shoehorn SR into a circular map, where there's not nexus to actively destroy.

I'm not knocking the skill it takes to play classic moba, but from what I saw at the recent championship, at the pro level, all you need is one carry to get 5+ kills early enough and last hit like a mofo, and have 4 competent people to hold and not die too much. look at Candypanda with kog. Rest of team held, he got a bloodthirster and game over. That's about as passive as teamwork can get.

They say classic is a team effort, but there's always that one guy that shows up in the team fight at dragon and pwns. There is NO static point in dominion to have a team fight at.

but hey, no biggie. They'll break it, every game will be a steamroll, no one will want to play but the 'pros' but then it's too short a steamroll anyway so Dom will get stagnant. Then they'll fix it again. So that team players have a map too.

Not LiteKerosene

10-28-2011

Itd be fun if there were more than 1 neutral cap point, it is sooo boring.

There should be 1 guaranteed cap point for both teams and 3 neutral points

Moobeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

Here are my thoughts or concerns I posted over on my blog.
http://surrenderat20.blogspot.com/2011/10/major-changes-to-dominion-in-works.html

Moments of Glory: It takes a lot of kills to get far enough ahead to feel like you are really "carrying" a game of Dominion.I've been in game as Pantheon or Shaco where I've been up an easy ~10 kills and still feel like I'm matching gold with other players. I'd be interested to see increased bonuses for kill streaks in Dominion as it is a lot harder to stay alive for 5 kills in Dominion than it is for Summoner's Rift.

Comebacks: One of the things I've been the most disappointed with in Dominion is the false sense of security you get during the game. Don't get me wrong, it feels good to turn the tables in a 400 to 100 match of Dominion, but at the same time it makes the points seem shallow and a bit meaningless. I'm not quite sure how Riot can address this issue. My first thought towards a remedy would be tinkering again with the point at which your team stops losing points for champion deaths, but this might give us a "Call of Duty" complex were people ignore the objectives and just jet around the map trying to pick up easy kills.

Balance: I'll also agree that the balance of Dominion is pretty clunky at the moment with characters such as Rammus, Poppy, and Jax being able to dominate pretty easily. I'm curious to how Riot is going to deal with these changes. Will we see alterations to the global buffs and items in the shop? Or will we see various shifts of power in champions who shine in Dominion but not necessarily in classic? Take Poppy for example. She is pretty common in Dominion but very rare in Summoners Rift. How can Riot nerf her for Dominion and not just ruin her for the other?

JoeDuo

10-28-2011

Please don't increase the snowball effect in Dominion.

The comeback mechanism alone is the 'anti-fun' problem.

The comeback mechanism causes any objective progress to incur a respawn penalty for the rest of the game.
This means the game mostly negates any early game progress with a whole game of respawn penalty, while fully rewarding late game progress.
Effectively, the game currently negates it's already existing snowball effect. (Unless you cleverly 'game' the system by dominating in kills early while stalling or letting the enemy team stay a bit ahead in point control.)

If Riot adds more snowballing and removes the comeback mechanism at the same time, the swing will be extreme.

Huntsvoski

10-28-2011

I like the constant close games in dominion! If anything, you should make SR more like dominion, not the other way around. The snowball effect is not 'fun', it makes the losing team feel hopeless and it gives the winning team no challenge. How is this what your aiming for?

Reynmaker

10-28-2011

My guess is that the problem with the wave system may be that it doesn't 'reset' itself properly. One team down 300-75 and the wave window kicks or has kicked in. problem is, when the game rubberbands back to 90-74, the wave system is not evening out, or in the case that the initial leading team is now behind, affording them the same window assist.

Ideally, it should be smart enough to say: hey, you're down 2-3 caps, I'll shave a couple secs off your teams' respawn, down 1-4 ? save a few more off, hey you're leading! I'll give the other guys the window now....
It should be more dynamic than it currently is, and adjust faster based on current caps per team so that the gameplay flows and teams are always on the map fighting for points.

Kullten

10-28-2011

Can't wait for ranked dominion