Dominion Major changes in the works: info inside!

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralmaz

10-27-2011

Thanks!

Frost Walrus

10-27-2011

Wow, this is actually amazing, this is addressing problems that I thought from the beginning made Dominion too fickle to be played competitively

SoSalty

10-27-2011

I like the fact you can comeback in Dominion. In Summoner's Rift, a death can mean a tower, but in Dominion, a death doesn't necessarily mean a capture point. Even if it does, it can always be retrieved with good teamplay as opposed to a tower. Less snowballing allows for more action plays as when a team is really behind in Summoner's Rift, the team plays more passive generally.

As for certain champions being overpowered on Dominion, that can always be changed by implementing the right items.

Leboniz

10-27-2011

i'm intrigued on what will be added to give more gold incentives or if you will just change the amounts at the current objectives

Flippin Wave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

I can't wait for the upcoming changes.

Rectifier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

Ranked Dominion?

Just let that sink in.

Terrible idea.

Buru Diman

10-27-2011

Im glad Dominion is being addressed and improved and not left out just cause the Summoners Rift playerbase are always bashing on Dominion fast-paced and less dangerous gamestyle.

brbpoopedmypants

10-27-2011

Give draft mode 6 total bans for Dominion and SR.

VitaminZ99

10-27-2011

Thanks Morello! I am curious to see what you guys roll out.

I was wondering about the third item on your list though. I feel like many of the champions who are way too good on Dominion are way too good not because of their scaling, or their epicness late game, but because of their kits. For example, playing against AP Shaco is the worst, as he can just hide in one of 20 or so bushes and build a Jack-in-the-Box nest that instantly kills you when you randomly walk through it. If you catch up to him, nearly the entire map is adjacent to small walls which he can just hop over. Other examples include Heimer (fortifies like a boss), and Rammus (speedy like a boss). Some of these kits are what make the game interesting, but others (AP Shaco) are just brutal, scaling notwithstanding. Thoughts?

YurdleTheTurtle

10-27-2011

Thanks a ton for revealing this information! Glad to see these design changes taking place; Brackhar hinted at these before.

Although I was fine with the way things were before in regards to the first point. Then again I'm a fairly modest person and do not need to see 'moments of glory' to measure successes. I do agree though that things like that make games fun. I just dislike additional snow-balling.

Comeback mechanic change (mostly just respawn times) is very interesting. I'd agree with a very reduced one, but not the outright removal. Just that tiny nudge can help out without being too overpowering, as it may be right now.

As for few champions being too strong...only way to fix this is to introduce Dominion specific changes for those champs. It'll be too hard to keep them exactly the same on both classic and Dominion.

Lastly, I've suggested it before but have the team take a look into the following:
-Increase the amount of personal score points gained for Capture Assists (Raise it from +10 to +30?)
-Increase the amount of personal score points gained for Supported Ally (Raise from +2 to +5, maybe even +10).

This will help improve PS and its reflection on a player. There should not be so little points rewarded for the above tasks, especially if you're defending from capture interrupts or actually play support champions on Dominion (They could use some more PS).

12345612 ... 19