Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

how to counter shaco on dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yogsarrian

10-27-2011

I would love to know. I find myself QQing about him because he's on the enemy team for 80% of my games, and he just ruins my day. But I want to be constructive and not QQ, so trying to figure out how to handle him. He always just jumps away, splits, leads you into traps, etc. Most of the time I can kill him, but it still takes too many resources

Danage

10-27-2011

wards... oh wait

The Elk

10-27-2011

I play shaco a fair amount in Dominion for whatever its worth. Some ways to counter him are:

Buy oracles if you are ranged.

AoE Damage will hit shaco, his clone and kill lots of boxes. Talon, Galio and similar champions are good at this.

Yorick: his ghouls pop boxes and his W can be cast at a distance on them. Just pay attention to where he is placing them.

Lightbringer and Hextech sweeper are amazing against any stealth champion.

Ping shaco before he ults and the crosshair stays on the real one (90% sure this has not been changed)

Bad shacos deceive outside the abilities range allowing you to see which direction he teleported.

Vs AP shaco a little magic resist goes a long way.

Push with minions to a turret defended by shaco so the minions hit some of the defensive boxes.

Don't chase shaco!

Finally, if shaco has been at a turret for 1+min(s) do not attack him there without oracles. Just push somewhere else and make him decide whether to leave his defensive nest or not.

Hope this helps.

shaliber

10-27-2011

Irelia with Lightbringer works pretty well and once you get enough AD you can Bladesurge the boxes as they come up.

yogsarrian

10-27-2011

yea I play mostly melee champs or else I would poop all over shaco. those are good tips though thanks guys! seems sad that you have to go so much out of your way to counter one champ though. while I'm wasting money on all that oracles and lightbringer nonsense, the enemies are buying actual useful items

Veztai

10-27-2011

I find Sivir's decent against him... Either spellblock his dagger or use it for his ult. If he even tries to double team you with himself and his ult there's no way AP Shaco's gonna kill Sivir with auto-attacks. Then when either he or his clone is about to die, use your shield and you don't get hit by the explosion. Also, you can use your boomerang to take out boxes before they stealth if you're close enough. And your shield can get you through the speed boosts without fear of being feared, ^.^

Then again, if you want a less controversial champ, Nocturne can do basically the same as Sivir, aside from damaging Shaco and his clone with ricochets, lol

Psi21

10-28-2011

Quote:
Veztai:
I find Sivir's decent against him... Either spellblock his dagger or use it for his ult. If he even tries to double team you with himself and his ult there's no way AP Shaco's gonna kill Sivir with auto-attacks. Then when either he or his clone is about to die, use your shield and you don't get hit by the explosion. Also, you can use your boomerang to take out boxes before they stealth if you're close enough. And your shield can get you through the speed boosts without fear of being feared, ^.^

Then again, if you want a less controversial champ, Nocturne can do basically the same as Sivir, aside from damaging Shaco and his clone with ricochets, lol

This is incorrect and AP Shaco can handle Sivir Easier than most Champs.

I did this when she tried to push.

Deceive to Sivir and auto attack her she blow spell shield every time. And Deceive is a static crit.

Next DFG, improved exhaust, shiv and improved ignite. If she actually held off her spell shield for the most damaging hit. Just clone she will run from you to avoid the explosion (since she will be low) or your shiv will once again be ready in about 5 seconds. This burst got her every time and only once she spell shield the most damage only to die to running when low due to the burst.

Additionally Sivir's cooldowns are absolutely horrible. If you get her to blow her spell shield she won't even have it for the next shiv/DFG or clone explosion.

Sivir isn't full of surprises/escapes like Shaco.

frumper

10-28-2011

Quote:
Finally, if shaco has been at a turret for 1+min(s) do not attack him there without oracles. Just push somewhere else and make him decide whether to leave his defensive nest or not.

This is the most important piece of advice imo. Remember boxes have 90s cooldown, fight somewhere else for that time causing the game to be 4v5.

Shaco's not a great offensive player, but a great defensive player in dominion. This is what you need to exploit to counter him.

Necks

10-28-2011

People seem to forget that Shaco is still an assassin with an entire kit that uses AD. Just because the current flavor is AP Shaco due to his boxes and how his boxes interact with the game mode, doesn't change the fact that Shaco is still very much a capable assassin - AP or not.

Morholt00

10-28-2011

Simple guide to counter Shaco:

Step #1: Buy Mercury Treads
Step #2: Buy a Negatron Cloak

Problem solved!

Works even better if you play a champ with some sort of shield to take the first bit of damage like Udyr, Sion, Morgana etc

PS AD Shaco is actually quite good!