Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Warmogs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

10-27-2011

Quote:
Brackhar:
Any ideas for a good replacement? We could probably make a better Dominion item that doesn't require that scaling component.

Well, shouldn't be too hard. Just remove the stack on kill element and make it a whole lot cheaper. A plain and simple health boost.

Herford

Recruiter

10-27-2011

I wouldn't mind if any stacking item like Tear of the Goddess and Warmogs just allowed you to gain stacks on any cast instead of once every 3 seconds. Or also made it so you could gain a stack upon neutralizing and capping points. That way it doesn't feel like there was no possible way to get it up to full stacks unless you're someone crazy like Ryze. And it didn't feel like a penalty to stand capping a point.

Jadarok

10-27-2011

Quote:
Herford:
...Or also made it so you could gain a stack upon neutralizing and capping points. ...

Woah...this could deserve it's own thread...

Permanently gain X per Point capture
... A new item attribute for Dominion? A fitting Snowball mechanic for Dominion or another way to encourage mindless ninja capping?

Elealar

10-27-2011

Quote:
Hugo Mann:
In terms of dominion there are so many kills it seems to stack up quite nicely. Keep in mind even assists award 45HP. The timescale for getting it fully stacked feels really good.

It feels like it stacks faster than on SR, if anything. Indeed, if anything it's stronger on Dominion than on SR. I don't think Warmog is an issue, specifically because of the awesome scaling off assists and kills. Tear is an already weak item that gets even weaker on this map tho, so that may be something to look at.

Sazdek

10-27-2011

i think it's good and honestly against some of the hyper carries, the assassins and tanky dps are required to go atmog/atmallet if they want to live long enough to kill anything.

if you have problems taking them down, try playing as an assassin rather than going toe to toe with them. hit and run tactics really wreck em. just be careful of stuns and other cd's.

Chanceston

10-27-2011

If a large HP item only was to be replaced, it would have to be unique or that could get out of hand. I was thinking atmogs would be replaced with just one mid expensive unique item.

Jadarok

10-27-2011

Quote:
Chanceston:
If a large HP item only was to be replaced, it would have to be unique or that could get out of hand. I was thinking atmogs would be replaced with just one mid expensive unique item.

That's a good point. I saw someone go two Warmogs and it was kinda crazy. I imagine making something like that too cost effective could cause an OP situation of insane HP stacking. Would the fact that we can build Razor's make this acceptable? Of course this could become a better counter to casters than Armor or MR.

Clutch Gatorade

Recruiter

10-27-2011

Quote:
MagicDucks:
how bout get hp stacks for captures instead of kills for it. Although you may not go for the idea since you completely removed the snowballing items from dominion. But items that give rewards for capturing bases can spawn possible nice ideas.

Already have quests.

EDIT: Look at my screeny attached. TEE HEE.
EDIT: Stacks are CRAZY fast on someone with a good skill/ulti to rack up assists. Even Soraka bottom can abuse it and just ulti every encounter.

SHREK lS LlFE

10-27-2011

Quote:
Brackhar:
Any ideas for a good replacement? We could probably make a better Dominion item that doesn't require that scaling component.

ROA Esque, warmogs. make it go up over time

Chanceston

10-27-2011

Quote:
Clutch:
Already have quests.

EDIT: Look at my screeny attached. TEE HEE.
EDIT: Stacks are CRAZY fast on someone with a good skill/ulti to rack up assists. Even Soraka bottom can abuse it and just ulti every encounter.

How long did this take in game and what was ur k/d/a?