Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Turret Targeting Priorities?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unregenerate

06-20-2010

Not a new player, but I figured this would be helpful for new players also.

I can't seem to find the thread that once stated the targeting priorities of turrets. If anyone can either link it or copy and paste the priorities list it would be much appreciated.

Churches

06-20-2010

It's the closest target, and then champions if they attack another champion.

l Cyclone l

06-20-2010

First of all tower kills creeps around with priority to the closest. If champion attacks another champion, enemy tower and creeps will start attack that champ.

unregenerate

06-20-2010

If a friendly champion and I are turret diving with creeps, we wait for the creeps to be targeted. We then move in and I hit first and the turret targets me. Now, if I am getting low on health and my friend decides to take turret hits from me can he simply do it by being closer to the turret and damaging an enemy to draw the aggro or must I either die /get out of turret range to stop being the target?

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

06-20-2010

Turret targeting will attack the same object until it is dead or out of range, then it will follow this order.
1.) Pets (heimer's turrets, malhazar's voidlings, Tibbers, teemo's shrooms, wards)
2.) creeps starting with closest to turret
3.) Champions

However, if a champion does damage or is doing damage via a damage over time effect to an enemy champion while within tower range, the tower WILL IMMEDIATLY target and attack you.

Blue

Recruiter

06-21-2010

Towers don't always prioritize on pets. Here's a link the the learning center's guide on target priorities. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/learn/minions_and_turrets

Speusippus

06-21-2010

Quote:
unregenerate:
If a friendly champion and I are turret diving with creeps, we wait for the creeps to be targeted. We then move in and I hit first and the turret targets me. Now, if I am getting low on health and my friend decides to take turret hits from me can he simply do it by being closer to the turret and damaging an enemy to draw the aggro or must I either die /get out of turret range to stop being the target?

As long as you have friendly creeps around and as long as you are not attacking enemy champions, the turret won't target you.

unregenerate

06-21-2010

Thanks Blue.

That list was the exact one I was looking for. I was talking to a friend about tower diving and this was the exact point I was trying to make. A tower will aggro after initial damage to an enemy under their turret and then continue to hit you until you are dead/tower is dead/you leave it's range... and only then will it switch targets. He dies more frequently than he needs too while diving and wonders why the tower always targets him. Thanks a lot, guys.

R66Y

06-21-2010

nm, question answered