Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Please let us balance test your next champion so you dont...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firestorme

Recruiter

10-29-2011

Quote:
BC Josh:
So much for "He is strong but not OP"

I have never understood the "not OP just stronger than everyone else" argument.

Boxxes

10-29-2011

Quote:
Firestorme:
I have never understood the "not OP just stronger than everyone else" argument.

You don't?
Well, they seem to mean that he's not OP.
But he's just a bit overly powerful compared to everyone else.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Falleth

10-30-2011

Quote:
BC Josh:
And he will be nerfed next patch. As expected...

Just let us balance test new champs in the future. Do it for the community...

And have same stuff happen like on the old PTR. No thx.

Pigmeo

10-30-2011

Quote:
Zaeinn:
You don't?

he's not OP.

he's not OP.
just overly powerful compared to everyone else.

overly powerful compared to everyone else.

overly powerful.

OP = Over Powerful/Powered/Power....

you understand now?

Grand Treason

10-30-2011

Quote:
Zaeinn:
You don't?

Bzzt. If we compared the class of Ranged DPS, Graves is overall the most effective (no matter what the situation is), with an insane skill kit that trivializes/outclass every other respective type of character. He's not even difficult to play.

So do some Graves players fail, despite his broken mechanics? Yes. But if you compared his effort to reward ratio, it's more absurd than Annie. He does too much without the player putting in much work. It's like defying the laws of physics. Graves has been banned after the first day of release.

"BUT WHAT ABOUT ANNIE, SHE FITS IN YOUR CRITERIA"

Remember what I said about "Overall Effectiveness"? Graves is strong no matter what stage of the game he plays. His lack of range is largely compensated, and I mean ****ing largely compensated, by his tankiness and his dash, not to mention Ashe's Volley, if it didn't blow so much ass after mid game.

"BUT ARMOR"

Yeah, that argument's been made for released Xin Zhao, too. Newsflash. Chain Vest is a ****ty item for defense, when you have Armor Pen runes and masteries and skills that largely erode it. Buy anymore, well, you gimped your early game so hard it doesn't even matter anymore.

Same thing with Graves. He's problematic in all stages of the game, he has too much value in his skillset, and a competent team with Graves will win against an equally competent team that does not have Graves.

Boxxes

10-30-2011

Quote:
ShockTherapy:
Bzzt. If we compared the class of Ranged DPS, Graves is overall the most effective (no matter what the situation is), with an insane skill kit that trivializes/outclass every other respective type of character. He's not even difficult to play.

So do some Graves players fail, despite his broken mechanics? Yes. But if you compared his effort to reward ratio, it's more absurd than Annie. He does too much without the player putting in much work. It's like defying the laws of physics. Graves has been banned after the first day of release.

Remember what I said about "Overall Effectiveness"? Graves is strong no matter what stage of the game he plays. His lack of range is largely compensated, and I mean ****ing largely compensated, by his tankiness and his dash, not to mention Ashe's Volley, if it didn't blow so much ass after mid game.

"BUT ARMOR"

Yeah, that argument's been made for released Xin Zhao, too. Newsflash. Chain Vest is a ****ty item for defense, when you have Armor Pen runes and masteries and skills that largely erode it. Buy anymore, well, you gimped your early game so hard it doesn't even matter anymore.

Same thing with Graves. He's problematic in all stages of the game, he has too much value in his skillset, and a competent team with Graves will win against an equally competent team that does not have Graves.

I was...
I was kidding >_>;

Why else would I say someone's overly powerful in an argument as to why they're not OP? It's the exact definition of OP D:

Pigmeo

10-30-2011

Quote:
ShockTherapy:

"BUT ARMOR"

Like he says in the post above mine, he was kidding, like i highlighted in my post.

Zastie

10-30-2011

Quote:
Acetaminophen:
We currently want PBE to be a place where we can implement new features and make sure all the bugs associated with it to be reported and fixed before we take it live. This is much more important than testing balance, as having major bugs are very toxic to a player's experience because they might not be able to play altogether. For example, the FPS issue that everyone here helped identify by sending in their logs is much more vital than any small tweaks to a champion.

Why not address both though? It's not your time being taken up by testing but ours...

Mr Threepwood

10-30-2011

Quote:
BC Josh:
And he will be nerfed next patch. As expected...

Just let us balance test new champs in the future. Do it for the community...

Here's the issue with balance testing new champions in the PBE. We get free IP/RP and most of us end up spending it on champs we've never owned and therefor played much before. Because, dangit, if I'm gonna play games for the purpose of finding bugs, I'm gonna have fun doing it! No one's playing with a regular build, and most people aren't taking it seriously.

That said new champions can/do have bugs and there are very few people on the PBE. Testing for spectator mode is/was difficult do to lack of players. New champion? Everyone and their mother is now on the PBE.

Cinderulla

10-30-2011

Quote:
Acetaminophen:
We currently want PBE to be a place where we can implement new features and make sure all the bugs associated with it to be reported and fixed before we take it live. This is much more important than testing balance, as having major bugs are very toxic to a player's experience because they might not be able to play altogether. For example, the FPS issue that everyone here helped identify by sending in their logs is much more vital than any small tweaks to a champion.

It's pretty toxic when one champ can totally dominate a lane and there is absolutely no way to counter and is completely stronger than anyone else in that role. Having to waste 50% of your bans on 1 champion solely because the team with them on it will have an advantage to winning is something that makes players not want to play at all. It's unfair to the people who bought him, unfair to the team who doesn't get them, and unfair if you're lanning against said champion.

Increase bans to 3 for each side, let us test new champions, as there could not only be bugs, but also riot staff is a controlled environment, you're not allowing any variables in It's a pretty flawed system.

Beyond that, there are other issues within the PBE that should be fixed but are unrelated to this post, like IP boosts, Random bugs like being level 1 randomly when you log in, having it switch to 30 but only having level 1 summoner spells. Stuffz like that