Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Please let us balance test your next champion so you dont...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elo Tartarus

Recruiter

10-27-2011

Tanky Ranged Dps. Problem?

Archmage Ilmryn

10-27-2011

Quote:
Acetaminophen:
We currently want PBE to be a place where we can implement new features and make sure all the bugs associated with it to be reported and fixed before we take it live. This is much more important than testing balance, as having major bugs are very toxic to a player's experience because they might not be able to play altogether. For example, the FPS issue that everyone here helped identify by sending in their logs is much more vital than any small tweaks to a champion.

True, but often, new bugs will be related to the new champ being released, like the yorick revive loop. Testing the new champion early could find some of these bugs before release, especially if players are encouraged to do weird stuff that could result in bugs.

To prevent excessive dodging, maybe each player could be limited to a certain number of games with the new champion pre-release.

Lazdaa

10-27-2011

Soo when the spec is done, and performance stuff is fixed, it just gonna be closed until new stuff comes up sometime in the future?

Velkorious

10-27-2011

Quote:
Acetaminophen:
We currently want PBE to be a place where we can implement new features and make sure all the bugs associated with it to be reported and fixed before we take it live. This is much more important than testing balance, as having major bugs are very toxic to a player's experience because they might not be able to play altogether. For example, the FPS issue that everyone here helped identify by sending in their logs is much more vital than any small tweaks to a champion.

Okay, but...

Didn't the email we all got specifically say PBE was for balance testing?
Quote:
You have been selected to participate in testing the latest League of Legends game balance changes on our new Public Beta Environment (PBE)!

Kinda...confused.

Acetaminophen

Business Analyst

10-27-2011

I understand the messaging from the email may not be quite clear.

This is not to say that changes to champions will not be on it. Rather at this period of time, it is more important to focus on larger features of the game and making sure it gets implemented properly. These are features that will have a substantial effect on all of our players. PBE is much more valuable as a way to gather bugs and feature feedback than as a place to look at slight tweaks.

Polaritie

Recruiter

10-27-2011

Quote:
Sarg338:
Basically this. He IS very strong, but he's not OP.

Yes. OP would mean the normal counters to ranged dps were ineffective. He dies quite nicely to burst, since he never gets his passive going.

smokeyzulu

Recruiter

10-27-2011

Quote:
Polaritie:
Yes. OP would mean the normal counters to ranged dps were ineffective. He dies quite nicely to burst, since he never gets his passive going.

This. A Graves in my previous game was utterly destroyed by our Akali.

smokeyzulu

Recruiter

10-27-2011

Quote:
Acetaminophen:
I understand the messaging from the email may not be quite clear.

This is not to say that changes to champions will not be on it. Rather at this period of time, it is more important to focus on larger features of the game and making sure it gets implemented properly. These are features that will have a substantial effect on all of our players. PBE is much more valuable as a way to gather bugs and feature feedback than as a place to look at slight tweaks.

I don't understand... will we be testing new patches or not? I ask this because when those new patches come out, the new champ will be there and while I agree we should not be here for balancing champs (there are numerous ways to do that, not least of which is community feedback) I would like to know if the PBE will be up post Spec feature release.

PS: FPS problems still here :/

Acetaminophen

Business Analyst

10-27-2011

Quote:
smokeyzulu:
I don't understand... will we be testing new patches or not? I ask this because when those new patches come out, the new champ will be there and while I agree we should not be here for balancing champs (there are numerous ways to do that, not least of which is community feedback) I would like to know if the PBE will be up post Spec feature release.

PS: FPS problems still here :/

We'll have plenty of other things we need testing for, no need to worry about that.

IS1879fbf8ece39275db4d9

10-27-2011

Quote:
Acetaminophen:

Although major bugs are certainly more important than balance, I see no harm in testing balance as well. Unless, of course, you think this would give people an oportunity to test new champions before release and possibly decrease that champion's sale.