Game Launch Error - Won't launch game after Champion select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nishac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

I am unable to connect to the game after the Champion select, the game acts as though it is about to load, but never gets to the screen where I can see the champions on both sides. the game shows the screen stating "In Game: Game is still in progress..." If I close my Game Client and reopen it, it opens to the "Game Abandoned: Reconnect" screen, and when I click "Reconnect," the game still doesn't launch.

Summoner Name:
Nishac

Steps to Reproduce:

Logged into the Game Client
Clicked on "Play Game."
Joined the queue for a 5v5 Summoners Rift game
Entered Champion Selection Page
Selected Champion "Vladimir"
Game Launch
Game never loaded

At this moment, I am in the process of a re-install to see if that fixes the problem.

Edit (11/19/11): Re-install fixes the problem, but the re-install process takes longer than the game will to finish (for both times I've had this issue). The issue can also occur on Vs-AI games.

This issue also apparently causes your First Win of the Day bonus to reset. I am uncertain if it is because the rest of my team won without me or not.

Edit (11/20/11): Re-install apparently only sometimes fixes the problem and it occurs on Windows XP/7 (unknown if occurs on Vista).

Edit (11/21/11): Issue appears to be occurring regardless to graphics card as 5+ different graphics cards have had the same issue.

Also, another reported fix is to close the game client with the task manager.

Edit (11/25/11): Issue appears to be the non-volatile version of another issue which can be found here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1437121

Still keeping this as a separate thread as the issues are similar enough to probably be linked, but still dissimilar.

Biotox

Recruiter

10-26-2011

I had this problem too. I am doing a re-install on my machine too. /bump - anyone else? This happened on both of my computers with my brother's and my accounts.

Nishac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

After a complete re-install (and two leave games and an hour an a half later due to the glitch), I was able to get into a game and actually play. The only issue I have now is that my First Win of the Day bonus is sitting at 20 hours when I haven't played since yesterday. Still, if that's the only thing wrong, I'll take it.

Biotox

Recruiter

10-26-2011

Re-install worked for me as well.

Nishac

11-19-2011

Although the re-install did fix it the first time, the issue just occurred again for me on a different computer. Performing a re-install on this computer to fix the issue hopefully.

Nishac

11-19-2011

The re-install fixed the issue again, but I noticed this time, in addition to being counted as a leaver for the game, my First Win of the Day bonus got reset without me getting the benefit of it.

Dera Mochimazzi

11-19-2011

This happened to me when i chose vlad today also. The next game i tried was amumu and it had the same problem. I'm not sure if its vlad related or just a bug.

Nishac

11-19-2011

When I had the issue this time around, I picked Katarina, so it seems to be independent of champion.

Medîeve

11-19-2011

The same thing happens on my laptop. It does NOT happen on my desktop. Uninstalling and reinstalling hasn't fixed the problem, and has only started happening since the patch before the Dragon Lady was released.

Any ideas?

Nishac

11-19-2011

Both times for me I was playing on a laptop, and re-installing worked for me but it appears it may not be a 100% reliable fix.

What operating system are you using? I'm running off of Windows 7 64 on both laptops and I'd like to see if that may make a difference.