Is Graves OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DChead

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2011

Didn't they nerf him in latest patch? i think is still friken OP.

Skilltestingman

10-30-2011

well he is a little too strong for a ranged dps, so I'm glad he's getting nerfed

CaliOGkush

10-30-2011

Not op, The problem IS you're comparing him to other AD champions, He was never made to BE LIKE THEM.

Hes the first ranged carry whos a bit tanky, so while you whine about him being too strong, think about bruisers who are tank/meelee or mana bruisers (the ap equivilents, like ryze) Its only natural ranged ad gets one.

Then you cry because it isnt easy to kill him vs another ranged carry, DONT USE A RANGED CARRY TO COUNTER HIM THEN, CC him, rape him, he goes down. Keep out of range or have better sustain, and outfarm him.

He isnt op he just isnt item dependant and he isnt like any other champion yet.

Nefarious Intent

10-31-2011

i gotta say late game hes 1000 times worse then a fed cait.. i was playing as a dps garen 1 shotting everyone.. graves hit me for 1800 in 0.59 seconds. i hit him twice and i was full geared late game by time the fight was over he was still full hp ready to go i was completely dead

imalx

10-31-2011

The coming nerf isn't too bad, Graves will still be strong but will be more ballanced imo. Once lvl 2 you could already Dash + BuckShot and take almost 50% of an opponent's health, that plus the passive made him OP early game. Now that BuckShot and his passive are getting nerf I think Grave will be just fine.

BigHue

10-31-2011

He is OP, quit denying it. Jesus, he better not become Akali 2.0 in the sense everyone denies he's OP as **** forever.

Sneaky Uncle Tom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

NOT OP. Not even. He is strong at best. The nerf he is recieving in this new patch, is minor, however it is NEEDED. With him, it is easy to capitalize on enemy mistakes, resulting in an easy feed and easy farm. Dont give me any of this "but isnt that what makes someone op" ****. OP imo anyway, is the fact that the enemy doesnt even need to make a mistake, just be completely dominated by him.

Not to mention, for him to do anything, he HAS TO GET IN CLOSE (except his ult sort of). Unlike someone like Cait who has the range advantage + traps. Ashe who has the constant slow + kite ability + stun. And so on and so forth.

Cant compare him to the Other ranged AD's. He is a new hybrid between what seems like a Fighter and a Ranged AD carry. He has his strengths which the patch is fixing and handling well. And has his weaknesses

Levkowicz

10-31-2011

Graves is a great champion, has many players who can not play with him and say he is bad, and others ... My opinion is that he needs to make a nerf the base damage of your abilities.

Roger Barbossa

11-02-2011

OP

Tylerpb

11-03-2011

Compared to other AD carries he's got pretty typical steroid and escape ability (though few have both, his are tied up in the same ability, so that's not unreasonable). He's ridiculously strong up close compared to other AD carries though, both from buckshot and his passive. He's also got a solid and unique piece of utility that as far as I know can't be countered by any method other than running out of it. I think most importantly he's got two skills that scale on AD without cast times to speak of, which is awful strong for an AD carry.

He's also got cait-like wind up time on his auto attack, which works out to be almost as important as the rest of it. When chasing someone he'll get off far more attacks than most champions simply because whenever he gets in range to take a shot he'll barely stop at all to do it. He can run up to a champ with similar range and shoot them turn and run and have their response fail because by the time their wind up is done he's out of range.

I think the most reasonable thing to do would be to nerf buckshot more. It's a shotgun, it should kind of suck at max range. It should be a good attack when hit by all 3, decent/average when hit by 2 and pretty mediocre if he only hits you with one of them. They nerfed it by reducing the damage up close and leaving the single shot damage the same. They should have nerfed it by leaving the ability to hit with all the shots for full damage intact but nerfing the damage per shot. Another pretty reasonable thing to do would be to put all his abilities on AP scaling, but that seems pretty unlikely.

Calling him a mix between a "new" sort of ranged bruiser hybrid would work if he had some big weaknesses compared to other AD carries damage wise, but that's not the case at all. His range is average, his burst is high and his steroid and utility are very good. One of the big things that most bruiser types have in common is that they have to run up to anyone they want to attack the old fashioned way. It really helps keep them in check. Obviously that doesn't apply to graves either. He's actually got most of the strengths of both roles.