Choosing a new hero

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jemrin

06-20-2010

So originally I was saving up to buy Katarina but know I am not so sure
I am trying to decide on a new champion the main ones I am interested in are Kat Pantheon and Shaco

But due to changes and opinions I cannot get consistent information on them
Right know I play Annie 99% of the time

I keep hearing that Katarina is useless unless you have a person to initiate and she play like a caster which I am not so sure since I want to try more of a melee role

Pantheon looks fun and with him I can support everyone allover the map but I keep hearing he dies easily normally I wouldnt care but since he is Melee I am not so sure

Shaco is insane (like me) and he seems to do good damage and although he is weak he has a few escape options

I might also be interested in Shen Evelyn (don't like her skin tough) and maybe Mordekaiser

Any advice

EDIT: Sometimes I tend to be aggressive

Helfeather

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-20-2010

Advice: Try the champions that are free for the current week! Don't worry about buying champions you haven't tried yet! Just focus on the ones that are available for you to play, because that's what they are there for.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Can't tell you about Shaco, but katarina is my main and - well, she's pretty much awesome XD Can totally dominate in a game if you know waht you're doing. Also Pantheon is pretty good too, all u need is a ghost and cleanse, and you run around pwning people XD

Retarderuss

06-20-2010

Try using Akali like Katarina only more melee based.

cwatz

Adjudicator

06-20-2010

Quote:
I keep hearing that Katarina is useless unless you have a person to initiate and she play like a caster which I am not so sure since I want to try more of a melee role
Well in any 5v5 team fight, practically everyone relies on a decent initiator so thats not saying much. Though you can build her with attack damage, you pretty much almost rely solely on your spells. She is melee and there are some auto attacks here and there but for the most part shes a caster of sorts. Lastly Kats big downside is her ulti getting interrupted. If it can full channel she is overpowered, if it gets interrupted right away she doesn't offer that much to a teamfight. Generally its somewhere in the middle.

Quote:
Pantheon looks fun and with him I can support everyone allover the map but I keep hearing he dies easily normally I wouldnt care but since he is Melee I am not so sure
Pantheon has some changes coming, so who knows how it will turn out. Currently he is basically overpowered in small scale encounters, but underpowered in 5v5 fights.

Quote:
Shaco is insane (like me) and he seems to do good damage and although he is weak he has a few escape options
With deceive and his ulti he can actually be a pretty hard target to bring down sometimes. Hes a fantastic ganker, lane pusher, backdoor guy and small scale fighter. In 5v5 its a bit harder for him to work his magic, but he still can work ok in that environment. If you want a melee dps champion, and you enjoy being a bit of a sneaky ninja, then this would be a good choice for you.

swimmer33

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helfeather View Post
Advice: Try the champions that are free for the current week! Don't worry about buying champions you haven't tried yet! Just focus on the ones that are available for you to play, because that's what they are there for.
Agreed. I never knew which champions I liked till I played them. Some that I thought I would like I hated, and some I thought I would hate I loved. I always make a point to at least practice game with them so I can see how they work. Its the best decision I've made in LoL.

DayInTheSun

06-20-2010

Katarina - A powerful early game nuker that can snowball very easily if left unchecked. She'a power laner and one of the best early-mid game champions in my opinion. She does falter a bit late game when people get some magic resist, but her powerful early game helps to keep her fed. Remember that despite her ability to go AD, she will still do magic damage.

Pantheon - Another powerful early game hero that excels in jumping in mid-fight and unloading physical burst on squishies. He too packs a ton of damage early game and his spearshot makes him an easy harasser. Like Katarina, he can be rendered a bit weak come late game if he doesn't use his strong early game to his advantage.

Shaco - He's very tricky to play and is very good bait/decoy with his deceive. I think Shaco is at his strongest when he's roaming the map gimping other champions via ganking. He's very squishy and relies on some very cool creativity to get him out of bad situations or to sneak in behind the enemy and assassinate a high priority squishy. Can also down Baron Nashor like a beast.

Drunken Panda

06-20-2010

Kata as of now is one of the most poweful champs out there, since every1 is running the same strat (healing teams) so a AoE heal nerf is quite good, also, she rapes in mid ^^

Jemrin

06-21-2010

I forgot to mention but me and my friend currently really enjoy Twisted treeline
and we usually play together with another friend (when she can) He plays Jax and is going to play Garen (Damage) and she plays Evelyn so I was thinking I should take a Tank but I am not sure since from what I have heard and experienced twisted treeline is more like a whole bunch of team fights and maybe a few good pushes so I am not sure however

Tank: Mordekaiser or maybe malphite
Damage: Shaco or Katarina leaning more to shaco right know

reallyblueomg

Recruiter

06-21-2010

I have had a fair amount of Twisted Treeline experience, even playing in tournaments a few times. I suggest playing Mundo for a tanky character. His cleavers are amazing to check bushes with. They have saved me from walking into 3 champions in a bush many times. On top of his utility, he's got massive health regeneration. On Summoner's Rift, it takes 4-5 people to take him down. On Tree Line, it's extremely difficult. Masochism is also a lot of free damage during low level fights. Over all, he's a better choice than Mordekaiser or Malphite on Twisted Treeline, you just need to learn him. He's free this week too, so I suggest trying him out while you have a chance to.

Out of your DPS choices, I recommend Shaco. His boxes are also invaluable to the teem. They act as proxy wards to give you vision or save your life. There's a lot of walls in and around Tree Line for him to take advantage of too. He's powerful, fun to play, and a life saver. In my opinion, he is a lot stronger than Katarina on Twisted Treeline as heals aren't as prominent as characters that are inhibited by blind are. I don't recommend buying him too soon because he is free next week. You can sort of try before you buy. Good luck and I hope to see you asking for Shaco and Mundo builds soon. :P