Ezreal Banned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DhalBelly

06-20-2010

Im basically a new player and i wanted to know if my ezreal will be banned in further patches?

Also i feel cheated after i played so much and bought a ezreal riot changes him and now i feel like i wasted my ip..........plz nerf again riot

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

banned in further patches? no

They don't ban champions completely, but in future seasons they might make a champion rotation of what is useable in that season. That is way into the future.

About him being changed, that's to be expected. Period. They are constantly making balance changes to everything, and sometimes things get buffed or nerfed. That's the way it works in LoL. Learn to live with it.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Champions don't get banned. They do, however, get nerfed, or buffed. And as a matter of fact, I still see a lot of Ez and he still is doing quite well. All you need to do is adjust a bit =)

The Farkinator

06-20-2010

Someone probably told you that he would get banned in the future. What I think they were referring to is Banning Draft, a mode that will be available in ranked play when season 1 commences.

However, I find it isn't a good idea to buy the flavor of the month champion (In this case Ezreal) because of inevitable nerfs. A Champion I would HIGHLY recommend instead is Anivia. Great burst, no one ever plays her, so she will never be subject to any real change.

cwatz

Adjudicator

06-20-2010

Not sure I would recommend Anivia to newer players. Shes one of the most difficult champions in the game to truly master.

Kajitii

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
Not sure I would recommend Anivia to newer players. Shes one of the most difficult champions in the game to truly master.
This. She's also part enemy controller if you're smart (adding to her effectiveness), which almost no new MOBA player will get an inkling about until much later.

Wuumaster

06-20-2010

What you heard as 'banning Ezreal' was probably refering to the 'Draft Pick' mode that will (hopefully) be implemented when Season 1 begins (as we're still in pre-season).

Draft Pick works like this (AFAIK).

• Team 1 picks a champion. Neither team can choose that champion to play.
  • Team 2 picks a champion. Neither team can choose that champion to play.
  • A player on Team 1 picks a champion. That player uses that champion, and Team 2 can't pick them.
  • A player on Team 2 picks a champion. That player uses that champion, and Team 1 can't pick them.
The number of bans and picks depends on how many players per team. While it's possible that Ezreal could be banned or picked by the enemy team before you can pick him, it's not guaranteed to happen every match. Plus, you don't need to play Draft mode if you don't want to - I believe Blind Pick will still be around.

Best bet is to get 3-5 characters you like to play as. This lets you deal with Draft mode's bans and counter picks, and lets you fill roles as needed. I have 5 or 6 champions I play to fill roles, to varying degrees (Kayle, Morgana, Pantheon, Poppy, Shen, and recently picked up Trynd. That's two tanks, two support, and two physical DPS. I've got Karthus and Tristana as well, but I don't feel comfortable playing them - haven't played em for a while).

Pie Slice

06-20-2010

gt over it, the champions available for you to pick changes every time to time, unlock them through store and you won't need to worry about that