A stern warning about the forums to newcomers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Please remember that League of Legends forums is an internet forums. Do not be discouraged by the people here. Many people here follow guides and calculations as set out by other players, because they are trying to improve their game plays. But as most of us are humans, we are prone to making mistakes, as well as being extremely close-minded.

If you are a newcomer here, do not be afraid to explore new builds, or try things that people say will not work. Chances are you will learn a lot from making mistakes, and more often than not prove them wrong.

Once you have proven them wrong, do not attempt to correct them. This is an average forums, and no one will listen to you.

Once you have made peace with that, you will have a lot more fun with the game.

So remember--be brave, have fun, find your own niche.

Best of luck to you all.
-------------
edit:
Try out Malady for yourself in prac games. See if you like it or not. If it starts you on a killing spree, there is no reason not to use it. If it doesn't work, use different items.

ps. Thank you for demonstrating my point.

LawOwnsYou

06-20-2010

Just don't use Malady.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
Do not be discouraged by the people here. Many people here follow guides and calculations as set out by other players, because they are trying to improve their game plays. But as most of us are humans, we are prone to making mistakes, as well as being extremely close-minded.

If you are a newcomer here, do not be afraid to explore new builds, or try things that people say will not work. Chances are you will learn a lot from making mistakes, and more often than not prove them wrong.

Once you have proven them wrong, do not attempt to correct them. This is an average forums, and no one will listen to you.

Once you have made peace with that, you will have a lot more fun with the game.

So remember--be brave, have fun, find your own niche.

Best of luck to you all.
+1......I agree with these sentiments wholeheartedly.
Guides are written by people that did what everyone should do....spend time with the game, trial and error. Everyone plays differently and even 1337 builds can be toppled by a gimp build if the guy playing the gimp build has a better understanding/strategy/team composition.
The great builds and playstyles are championed by people that tinker and adjust....so just do the same and tinker and adjust....implement the hard lessons learned when you got pwnd last match in your next one.

Every videogame I have ever played people start screaming 'OP!!!!!' when some noob thinks outside of thier very small box.

Kajitii

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
I back this shyt up with evidence, then walk away with the happy-fuzzy-warm feeling knowing that science was done.

Additionally it helps to feed my conservative ego.