Would Fiddlesticks be a good bot laner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexapus

10-27-2011

I enjoy Fiddlesticks, but I honestly hate jungling with him. I feel there is little room for error, that his runes need to be too specific, he is very prone to counterjungling, and his ganks pre-six are sub-par at best. I've tried playing him in the support role, and it yielded more satisfying results. His abilities seem near perfect in a support role when with a carry: a long fear, coupled with the sustained damage of drain and his bouncing, silencing poke are pretty much a guaranteed kill.

Any thoughts on this? I just kind of got fed up with his mediocre jungle. I'm not saying he can't do it, by any means. But for me, personally, I just think there are champions that are much better suited for the role.

SirCumference

10-27-2011

no

atsmith893

10-27-2011

Most carries have very little lane sustain and typically need a support bot who can compliment this with a heal, shield, ect. Usually bot lane isn't focused on getting kills as much as it is on absorbing as much cs as possible and the carry should be getting it all.

Usually champs that go bot with the carry can expect to get starved of cs for most of the laning phase, as such these champs not only need to be able to provide the support mentioned above they also need to not suffer from a lack of farm.

Also, Fiddle would have a hard time ensuring kills in bot lane as a support because it wouldn't be you and your carry against only the opponents carry, that opposing carry would also have a support to provide them heals and probably some hard cc to use defensively, so he really wouldn't be able to ensure kills as a laner.

Finally fiddle is a great ganker for the reasons you mentioned him getting kills as a laner. His fear bomb and silenced when combined with the other people in lane is usually enough to ensure the kill. He only lacks the gap closer, but your teammates timing a soft/hard cc appropriately or opponents aggressively pushing can compensate for this.

Narvuntien

10-27-2011

nope... the only Ap I'd put bot would be Viegar and AP Poppy

although I have heard of support fiddles.

My Fiddle jungle runes = my AP caster runes that I use for everyone.

i suggest you stop starting from blue and start from little golems and you'll jungle better